Thoughts after owning first CW watch

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
desmodue

Thoughts after owning first CW watch

Post by desmodue »

I bought a Nearly New 40mm Trident Pro 600 a few weeks ago. Here are my initial thoughts as a complete newbie.

DHL sucks. They put a hold on my watch after it cleared New York customs and was sitting at the Cincinnati, Ohio hub. 4 days later it made to my door (about 160 miles) They never explained why they held it. It was left on the front porch and when I later got the delivery confirmation text it stated that a signature for delivery was obtained. Nope. I was at home and heard the truck pull up, I saw the truck pull away as I opened the door.

On to the watch. It appeared as new, which was what I expecting based on posts of those that have purchased NN from CW. The 40mm is perfect for my 7" wrist, totally happy with the look and feel. It is a beautiful understated piece of machinery.

It was running when I opened the box, but probably stopped a few times as it sat at various points of the transit. I set the time and checked it the next day without wearing it or removing the protective plastic. It gained about 3 seconds in 24 hours. I removed 3 links and checked the fit, it fit my wrist with the micro-adjust almost all the way out. I added one of the half links that were generously provided, It fit perfectly with the micro-adjust all the way in initially. Over the next several days I ended up adjusting it in and out 2 or 3 notches depending on activity, salt intake etc. Props to CW for manufacturing and providing the half links, I do not think I would have gotten the fit I needed without them.

Accuracy continued at about +3 seconds for several days, then one morning after I was at work I checked the time and it appeared it was off by 25 seconds or so. I thought this was odd and it concerned me a bit, then I realized I was just looking at the second hand and ignoring the actual time it dispayed. It was about 20 minutes slow. OK, let me think about this a minute...it must have stopped overnight and restarted when I put it on in the morning to start my day. I manually wound it and reset the time.

I've checked the accuracy every day for about 2 weeks now, it seems to be running at about -1 second per day. The last time I reset the watch was Aug 4, I set it 5 seconds faster than the NIST webpage clock for my US Eastern Time Zone, it currently is 1 second ahead.

I think I got a good one.
jayin07

Re: Thoughts after owning first CW watch

Post by jayin07 »

Congratulations, totally a bargain!
Dickchins
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

Good to hear all ended up well in the end.

CW do a lot of the small things right. They're not perfect by any means but sonetimes its the details that make the experience overall :thumbup:
Bounce
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Bounce »

:D Glad you are pleased with the watch.

CW do make some very good watches for the price, plus the warranty & service are top notch.

Enjoy you new C60 & don't forget some pics. :D
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Bremont Supermarine S500 BL
Seiko Kinetic Diver
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 5

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

-1 is pretty good. And I’m certainly another fan of the adjustable bracelet. I have one on my C65 Trident Diver, and I find the adjustments perfect even without a half link.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jkbarnes »

Congratulations on the new watch. Let’s see some pics!
Andrew
“I can't stand it to think my life is going so fast and I'm not really living it.”

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
Or follow my photography on Instagram @jkbarnesphotos
thomcat00
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 5

Post by thomcat00 »

Always glad to hear of another happy member of the CW network. My first CW watch was pre-owned; it pleased me so much with its quality and design that I’ve also bought a couple new watches from the company. I enjoy the various styles to broaden my choices.

I, too, have had a number of less than satisfactory DHL experiences going back over the last 15 years. I live rurally and the nearest DHL distribution location is over 90 miles from me. Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn’t leave me less unhappy with them if I were to make the 4 hour round trips to collect items myself.

So, you’ll have to share some pics of your new to you watch!
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
JymKhana

Post by JymKhana »

Fantastic bargain. I had no issues with shipping.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

I fear that your DHL experience is a symptom of our times but I'm very glad to hear that you're positive about the CW experience thus far.

Any thoughts on what your second CW watch might be?
C60 MKI COSC black, MKI black GMT,
C60 MKII Day Date LE, GMT White, LE SH21 x2, ACAN, Bronze Ombre LE,
C60 MKIII Ombre COSC, Elite 1000 GMT,
C6 K'fisher x6,
C60 K'fisher x3
C600 Tritech x 3,
C63 Elite
C65 Anthropocene. Blue h/w,
Leon O
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by Leon O »

It's always nice to hear about a great Christopher Ward experience. Thanks for sharing :thumbup: