This forum is like crack!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
MrBen
CW-watches: 4

This forum is like crack!

Post by MrBen »

Hello,

Thought I should probably say hello as I've been reading (and drooling over pictures) since I found the forum (and therefore Christopher Ward watches) a few days ago.

I was innocently looking for somewhere to get a couple of Seikos fixed up and serviced and stumbled on the RLT site. Inspired by that I though I could get a cheapo automatic off the 'bay whist mine was off getting sorted - I get another watch, probably a Seiko auto, and don't spend a fortune - simple. But then I found you lot, and find I'm looking at spending £200+ on a proper watch!

I've did fancy an auto as a 'best' watch, but the ones I liked in the sale are long gone. I'm now undecided which of the quartz to go for as a better daily - I'd better hurry though as one of you will probably beat me to the one if finally decide on :)

Anyway - I'm rambling (because its this or do work), thanks for a great forum and I suspect I'll be joining the racks of CWL owners soon :)
ctafield

Re: This forum is like crack!

Post by ctafield »

Welcome MrBen!

It's a slippery slope. You're in good company here. We've all frittered away our hard earned money on "not another watch?" :D

I don't think you can go wrong with the watches in the NN.... the C3 and C4's make great daily beaters. As do most of the others actually!
Yoda
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Yoda »

MrBen wrote:Hello,

Thought I should probably say hello as I've been reading (and drooling over pictures) since I found the forum (and therefore Christopher Ward watches) a few days ago.

I was innocently looking for somewhere to get a couple of Seikos fixed up and serviced and stumbled on the RLT site. Inspired by that I though I could get a cheapo automatic off the 'bay whist mine was off getting sorted - I get another watch, probably a Seiko auto, and don't spend a fortune - simple. But then I found you lot, and find I'm looking at spending £200+ on a proper watch!

I've did fancy an auto as a 'best' watch, but the ones I liked in the sale are long gone. I'm now undecided which of the quartz to go for as a better daily - I'd better hurry though as one of you will probably beat me to the one if finally decide on :)

Anyway - I'm rambling (because its this or do work), thanks for a great forum and I suspect I'll be joining the racks of CWL owners soon :)
Welcome and please do join the ranks. Be prepared to take your meds though as one watch is not enough especially in the sales. You will find that most on here have a very large selection of other makes of watch so Seikos are not strange to us.

Happy new year and enjoy the banter.
Indigo fugit

Yoda, bringing light to the dark side.
downer

Post by downer »

Welcome MrBen.

Enjoy the addiction. Nothing wrong with it.. :lol: :lol:
Richard
MrBen

Post by MrBen »

Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully there will be some of the C3 Chrono's left when I finish work. The black face or case/black bracelet is already gone - so that leaves silver face/silver bracelet, Black face/Silver bracelet or Black face and case and leather strap! I do like metal straps but the pics on here of the black case with the leather strap are making me think!

Any one here a member of the RLT forum? I'm waiting to get validated as I wanted to say thanks for pointing me in the right direction for a service centre but its been days since I registered and I've heard nothing. Any idea how long it takes normally?

Cheers.
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

MrBen wrote: Any one here a member of the RLT forum? I'm waiting to get validated as I wanted to say thanks for pointing me in the right direction for a service centre but its been days since I registered and I've heard nothing. Any idea how long it takes normally?

Cheers.
Took me months if I recall correctly!
bigvic
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by bigvic »

ctafield wrote:
MrBen wrote: Any one here a member of the RLT forum? I'm waiting to get validated as I wanted to say thanks for pointing me in the right direction for a service centre but its been days since I registered and I've heard nothing. Any idea how long it takes normally?

Cheers.
Took me months if I recall correctly!
Blimey, and I thought the 3 weeks it took me was a pi55 take!!
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Monkey »

Welcome aboard :D

You can't go wrong with a C3 as a daily watch.....a friend has just gone and bought one after seeing my two :)

The straps/bracelets are easily interchangeable if you fancy a different look, but snap one up soon before they all go.....may be worth seeing if there's a suitable C3 strap in the sales while your at it?? :D
John
mike
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by mike »

Welcome MrBen - hope you snap up your first watch in the sale - but you do realise that will just be the start. Good to have you on board.
Mike

CWL - C4SSS | C6SYSK | C6SBS | C7STT | C2LE
Omega Seamaster
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by alphajet »

Welcome to the forum, for a daily beater quartz I would go for a C4 a good solid watch, but you can't go wrong with any CW at sale prices. :D
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Hi & Welcome!
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Loddonite »

Welcome MrBen

You could take your £200 and add a few quid every week until you can afford an automatic - it wouldn't be long to wait - if you are the waiting kind.

(The waiting kind are few and far between round here :) )
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15
LE-foura: yes

Post by alphajet »

While I'm waiting I usualy buy another watch. :lol:
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
downer

Post by downer »

Loddonite wrote: (The waiting kind are few and far between round here :) )
Understatement of the year alert! :lol:
Richard
MrBen

Post by MrBen »

Well, its done :) Ordered a C3 Chrono - sliver bracelet with a black face. Can't wait for it to arrive now, especially as I've just found out that the parts to fix my seiko might not be available. The girlfriend got in on the action too - so we'll be a two CWL household :)