The twelve ti new colours.

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
sclead

The twelve ti new colours.

Post by sclead »

I don’t know if anyone has any more insight into this but Britney in her review of the new ti models and 36 ti stated the colours were hard for her to capture as the green 40mm she said is darker in real life. In the photos of CW and the video it looks like a sea foamish green. Anyone have any personal knowledge of the colour in person ?

I have been drooling over the twelve since the release. My issue is the colours are not hitting the right button.

I have a 7 inch wrist so the 40 is the route I am planning
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: The twelve ti new colours.

Post by nbg »

I think you will need to wait for any hands on view from forum members.

The new colours only went up on the CW website on 24 January, after the cut off time for next day delivery to any UK customers.

The earliest that anyone who purchased will receive their watch is today, for anyone who ordered before 1:00pm yesterday and paid the extra £10 for delivery today.

Neil
These users thanked the author nbg for the post:
sclead
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

A couple of pics from CW's press pack that may be of help.

From left to right: The Twelve 36 (Ti) in Cosmic Purple, The Twelve 36 (Ti) in Nardus Green, The Twelve 36 (Ti) in Lagoon Blue

The Twelve 36 (Ti): £1,595 on a bracelet / £1,225 on a strap

From left to right: The Twelve (Ti) in Aurora Green, The Twelve in Mineral Blue, The Twelve 36 in Frosted Lavender

The Twelve (Ti): £1,595 on a bracelet / £1,225 on a strap

The Twelve: £1,050 on a bracelet / £850 on a strap

The Twelve 36: £1,050 on a bracelet / £850 on a strap

Guy

Sent from my Galaxy S23 Ultra using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post:
sclead
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Colours just a tad bright for someone of my advancing years!

Some of the others at 40mm look good.
These users thanked the author TheBeatles for the post:
sclead
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

:D
FBB23163-B356-4FBA-BA25-2C9B6491E2C6.jpeg
Neil
These users thanked the author nbg for the post (total 5):
gannetChris375welshladTrs1982sclead
TZ-UK
sclead

Post by sclead »

What would you say the colour is close to? It looks a little darker in your photo Neil.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

@sclead I think the best way to describe the colour is that the more light there is the lighter the dial looks.

I have just taken this pic, sat in the kitchen with just one light on, so no natural light. It looks darker than in the earlier pic I put in the thread. Although the reality is that the dial colour I was seeing is slightly darker than represented by the photo.
C9BE41C9-C7FB-498E-8749-16E12D677F29.jpeg
It is a different shade again in the group I took outside this afternoon! :)
313FE303-F62F-4260-A6D7-FFF1AE718963.jpeg
Neil
These users thanked the author nbg for the post (total 2):
scleadwelshlad
TZ-UK
sclead

Post by sclead »

Man those photos show 6 different colours hahaha. The first of the outside looks emerald. The others look mint and sea foam and the first one inside looks teal

Thanks
@nbg. The watch looks great.

I still don’t know what I am going to do. My straum Jan Mayen was a no brainer due to the colours and dial. The twelve the bracelet and case are stunning. The colours are just not hitting me right. I guess I will hold off in the hopes of another dial drop this year.
5oclockhero
Senior
Senior

Post by 5oclockhero »

Despite CW claiming that their watches are unisex, I feel this is a slightly disingenuous claim, when it seems to me that the colours offered in the 36 range are clearly more feminine. Well that's my perception. What makes a colour feminine some may argue, and its not easy to define or even state that a colour could be related to gender, in which case why are the colours available related to the size of the watch?
welshlad
CW-watches: 23

Post by welshlad »

5oclockhero wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:11 pm Despite CW claiming that their watches are unisex, I feel this is a slightly disingenuous claim, when it seems to me that the colours offered in the 36 range are clearly more feminine. Well that's my perception. What makes a colour feminine some may argue, and its not easy to define or even state that a colour could be related to gender, in which case why are the colours available related to the size of the watch?
I've just had a look through all the colours in the Twelve range again, and I don't agree that any of them are feminine. I'd happily buy and wear any of them. They are just colourful. The days of regarding purples and pastel colours as being solely for ladies are long gone, in my opinion.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
5oclockhero
Senior
Senior

Post by 5oclockhero »

Indeed, you are entirely correct. But you can't have the pastel colours in the 40mm, and similarly, I cant choose the bolder, or just a plain grey 36mm model.

Now that isnt an accident.
Squalus
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 6

Post by Squalus »

5oclockhero wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:54 pm Indeed, you are entirely correct. But you can't have the pastel colours in the 40mm, and similarly, I cant choose the bolder, or just a plain grey 36mm model.

Now that isnt an accident.
You stated what I was thinking. Another example are the differences for dial gradients between the 40mm and 36mm Ti models; just saying.
5oclockhero
Senior
Senior

Post by 5oclockhero »

I think we all accept that either the 36 or 40 size can be worn by anyone of any gender. So it seems odd that CW have then decided that presumably humans with smaller wrists predominantly choose pastel shades, and those with larger wrists prefer bolder colours.

Now statistically I think we can all make a good guess who mostly fits those categories. So by extension CW have created two different ranges of watches for two groups. But nobody is allowed to say so anymore...

I'm sure CWs marketing data and production design point them to manufacture watches that will sell, but it seems to me these watches have clearly been produced with age old stereotypical mindsets and then a modern unisex label was added at the last minute so as not to offend. And I actually think that is slightly patronising.

For the range to have been truly unisex, then the available colours should be widely available across both sizes.

My favoured combination was monochrome 36mm, a grey, or black 36mm model, or even white, (possible but then I'm forced to take gold highlights too). I'm a little surprised that CW don't see these as being desirable... but clearly they are as unwanted as lavender in a 40mm.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I agree that there should be no gender connotations ascribed to the colour of dials or indeed the size of watches.

Having said that, there is no way I would wear a watch with a pastel dial, nor a red, green, purple or yellow one.

That’s not to do with my gender. I just don’t like them. QED. Go look at my SOTC.

And yes, I think they have missed a trick by not reproducing the darker gradient from the larger titanium watches, especially the Astral Blue, which has always stood out for me.
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post:
sclead
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
sclead

Post by sclead »

I agree colours are not gender specific. I am covered in Japanese tattoos, I am a veteran, but I wear pink shirts all the time. I plan on getting a grand seiko Shunbun because I love the cherry blossom dial idea we have 3 ornamental cherry trees in the yard and when they are in bloom I sit out there all the time.

I do think they missed the mark on a moody darker dial. I was hoping the green would be a forest green. Or that they did a midnight blue dial where it will look like a dark sky in the light and black in less lighting.

Now that being said I know I might be in the minority. And the trend with the Tiffany blues and lighter tones seems to be the thing at the moment. I like the colours they released recently but I don’t love them.
These users thanked the author sclead for the post:
rc51owner