The Agony of Choice

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: The Agony of Choice

Post by jmarchitect »

Boys, boys. Money is made out of a mixture of linen, cotton and paper. So Mortis is right, as is Xt. Meanwhile, back on topic...

The C20 does wear quite large due to the design of the lugs and case but it isn't massive. Here is a shot of mine on my 8.5inch wrist..

It is a lovely piece and goes from office to dinner-party to after dinner-party-party to crack of dawn stroll home to brunch with chums with ease. It is very well built, as all CWL pieces and I have to say the new bracelet style is growing on me even though, up until this very minute, I was firmly convinced the old style bracelet, like mine, was the only suitable bracelet.

I can't comment on the C5 as I don't own one. I would suggest it wears smaller than the C20 and has a rather more classic feel to it.
sibex
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by sibex »

It looks spot on for size on you. I'm nearly 5cm small than you though. But hey ho.. we shall see :-)

Men comparing sizes... weird! :-)
richtea
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtea »

sibex wrote:Hi,

Thanks so much. I do love this watch. I have contacted Tyke and am really tempted. Im just going to look at trying one to see how the fit will be (on my 17cm tiny wrists) before i commit to buy from a private seller who I quite correctly couldnt return to if it didnt fit.

Hi Sibex

Just to add my tuppence worth here
Very recently i bought a mint C2 from David (Leo David) and my wrist is just over 16.5 cms
The watch initially appears to wear a little large although certainly not huge.... but its very well balanced on the wrist and sits with presence rather than outright size if that makes sense
I think its a nicely built watch with a hint of some older Omega/Seiko styling influences

Regards
RichT
8 x C Ward
Assorted Swiss and
Japanese Quartz/Autos etc ...

Open the pod doors Hal !! :lol:
sibex
Senior
Senior

Post by sibex »

Thank you all for your replies. Really appreciated.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

You'll get use to it. I had been wearing Seiko 5's for quite some time and when my C700 arrived I thought it was a monster but I wasn't about to return it. It's too good looking. Now it seems to be a normal size and I never think about its size anymore. Now, when I ware one of my Seiko's, it seems tiny. It's all about gained perception.