Spoke trousers and CW

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
RichM
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Spoke trousers and CW

Post by RichM »

I've been a fan of Spoke Menswear for a few years and have multiple pairs of their chinos and shorts.

An email popped into my inbox this afternoon saying they've teamed up with CW and have a limited edition pair of chinos with the new SH21 movement as decoration on the lining of the pockets and offering a 10% on CW watches (although the C60 concept is exempted from the discount!!)

I'm a sucker for this sort of thing and as an owner of an SH21 C61 I'm getting a pair of those strides!!

https://spoke-london.com/products/midni ... %3D.gpQeA2
These users thanked the author RichM for the post (total 3):
JAFOJasperCatmagicman
Check out my Instagram @shropwatch
malvern_man
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Spoke trousers and CW

Post by malvern_man »

£99.00 for 1 pair of trousers :shock: I'd want 10 pairs for that amount :lol:
These users thanked the author malvern_man for the post:
magicman
CWL - C60 Trident Pro ~ Orange Bezel - C60-TRI-SKCSI
CWL - C60 Trident Pro 600 ~ C60-42-AUTO-SKRT
CWL - C11 Makaira Pro 500 ~ C11-MAK-SKOSI
CWL - C11 Titanium Extreme 1000 Limited Edition ~ C11-COSC-EXT-TKV-SI
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by ajax87 »

malvern_man wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:45 pm £99.00 for 1 pair of trousers :shock: I'd want 10 pairs for that amount :lol:
You’d be crazy to think you could get a pair of in-house chronometer certified trousers for £10
These users thanked the author ajax87 for the post (total 5):
jkbarnesstraplinemagicmanBahnstormer_vRSpizza_dog
Alex
C5A Mk1|C60 Sapphire, Abyss, GMT|C65 SC, 316L LE|C63 Auto|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster mk40|Speedmaster racing|Hamilton Intramatic chrono|Shinola Runwell auto|Tissot|Timex|RZE Endeavor
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 5

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

ajax87 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:36 am You’d be crazy to think you could get a pair of in-house chronometer certified trousers for £10
You probably could, but they’ll be pants. Cheap chinos stuff that will fit badly and leave everyone staring at your Parnis.
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post (total 6):
magicmantikkathreeBahnstormer_vRSajax87ViognierAdDaMan
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
strapline
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

ajax87 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:36 am
malvern_man wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:45 pm £99.00 for 1 pair of trousers :shock: I'd want 10 pairs for that amount :lol:
You’d be crazy to think you could get a pair of in-house chronometer certified trousers for £10
You forgot to mention that they’re tested in five positions and will keep your jewels lovely and toasty. 😂😂

Des
These users thanked the author strapline for the post (total 3):
magicmanFat-Samajax87
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. T Soprano
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

I only really wear Jeans or Chinos, and I wouldn't mind paying £100 for a decent pair, but unfortunately I always ruin my clothes somehow.
Thanks for the link, they look very nice, so I may treat myself to a pair after Christmas, are the sizings correct to your regular trousers ?

Regards Steve
These users thanked the author magicman for the post:
strapline
strapline
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by strapline »

magicman wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:41 am I only really wear Jeans or Chinos, and I wouldn't mind paying £100 for a decent pair, but unfortunately I always ruin my clothes somehow.
Thanks for the link, they look very nice, so I may treat myself to a pair after Christmas, are the sizings correct to your regular trousers ?

Regards Steve
I have two pairs, Steve. They're are actually superb and worth every penny. You enter info about your build on the site and effectively come back with a pair of made to measure trousers. If you sign up to their mailing list they often offer good discounts too. If you're looking for chinos I wouldn't look any further than their Hero range. The materials and finishing really is first class.

Des
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. T Soprano
RichM
Guru
Guru

Post by RichM »

£600 for a watch? I could get one for £10 from Argos that tells the time just as well!! 😂😂😂😂

They are good trousers that last well at least!!
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:06 am
ajax87 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:36 am You’d be crazy to think you could get a pair of in-house chronometer certified trousers for £10
You probably could, but they’ll be pants. Cheap chinos stuff that will fit badly and leave everyone staring at your Parnis.

😂😂😂
magicman wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:41 am I only really wear Jeans or Chinos, and I wouldn't mind paying £100 for a decent pair, but unfortunately I always ruin my clothes somehow.

Regards Steve
The fit is spot on and they have an excellent returns system for a refund or exchange.
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Fat-Sam »

RichM wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:56 pm I've been a fan of Spoke Menswear for a few years and have multiple pairs of their chinos and shorts.

An email popped into my inbox this afternoon saying they've teamed up with CW and have a limited edition pair of chinos with the new SH21 movement as decoration on the lining of the pockets and offering a 10% on CW watches (although the C60 concept is exempted from the discount!!)

I'm a sucker for this sort of thing and as an owner of an SH21 C61 I'm getting a pair of those strides!!

https://spoke-london.com/products/midni ... %3D.gpQeA2
I’d been looking at a pair of cycling jeans they do with reflective selvedge type detail and a water resistant fabric. I’d only ever seen them advertised on Instagram which put me off, but now you’re saying you’re a fan I might get a pair and will check out the CW ones… but then I might need a CW watch with that movement, as otherwise would feel like a “Walt” 😂
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.
CW C63 Auto. green
Meistersinger Metris blue
Longines x HODINKEE
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Swatch Van Gogh
G-Shock GA2100
Tribi: MDS and TRI-04
RichM
Guru
Guru

Post by RichM »

And I've just received the CW promotion of this with a 20% discount code of "HELLOWATCHMAKERS" on the Spoke chinos!!

It's the 'Flintstone' and 'Midnight' colours that have the SH21 decorative lining according to the promotional email.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

RichM wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:21 pm And I've just received the CW promotion of this with a 20% discount code of "HELLOWATCHMAKERS" on the Spoke chinos!!

It's the 'Flintstone' and 'Midnight' colours that have the SH21 decorative lining according to the promotional email.
Also has the CW branding on the tag.

Ryan
pizza_dog
CW-watches: 1

Post by pizza_dog »

I do like that the store copy calls out the SWISS HARDWARE (zipper).
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jkbarnes »

I fail to see the point of this. How does the cross branding benefit CW? I’d expect as much from a fashion brand like MVMT, but from CW? I actually find this disappointing.
Andrew
“I can't stand it to think my life is going so fast and I'm not really living it.”

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
Or follow my photography on Instagram @jkbarnesphotos
reubicon
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 16

Post by reubicon »

RichM wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:21 pm And I've just received the CW promotion of this with a 20% discount code of "HELLOWATCHMAKERS" on the Spoke chinos!!
Did anyone actually get this promo code to work? I tried it on the day and like a few reports on Facebook it didn’t work at all. Haven’t checked since in protest though... :lol:
C40 Speedhawk; C60 Mk1.5 OB GMT; C60 Mk2 Green GMT; C9 Worldtimer; C11 Extreme; C1 GM PR; C65 Khaki; C60 Bronze GMT; C60 316L Black; C60 Apex; C60 Elite GMT; C65 Auto Silver PT; C1000 Cockpit & RAF: C60 Bronze 38 & C5 Malvern.
RichM
Guru
Guru

Post by RichM »

jkbarnes wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:29 pm I fail to see the point of this. How does the cross branding benefit CW? I’d expect as much from a fashion brand like MVMT, but from CW? I actually find this disappointing.
It works for me as I like Spoke and CW! There's kind of a similarity in terms of doing something differently, in Spoke's case it's the same pair of trousers but with a choice of cuts and a far better range of sizes than you'd get elsewhere. I think they go with the designed in Britain (made elsewhere) tag line like CW too.

I realise I sound a bit fanboy-ish about it all! Tbf, I was surprised when the promo emails dropped but I like outcome although I can't see it being more than a one-off promo.
These users thanked the author RichM for the post:
jkbarnes