Discuss Christopher Ward watches
mrs j
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 10
LE-fourb: yes

Splash and trident

Post by mrs j »

Dear Members does anybody own a Splash and also a Trident who can try a trident strap/bracelet on a splash , As i am getting a steel thing :shock: i think it looks cleaner and fresher in my opinion and i am certain the trident is the same case but i am not sure "they look the same & Jag thinks there the same as well" so i thought i would ask. Before i ask Mr J to E-mail simon ! "the tech". I would appreciate any help in trying them out . :D
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Re: Splash and trident

Post by ianblyth »

I no longer own a Splash but the same case is used for the W6, C6, C60 and C600 so all bracelets and straps should work.

This is a blue Splash on a C6 bracelet.

The C6 bracelet is mainly bead blasted whereas the Spash is polished. But the bracelet could be polished to give it a shiny Breitling look. 8)

And here is a C60 Trident with a C6 bracelet.

Tried it but did not think the bead blasted finish worked so went back to leather. But the fact that the C6 bracelet fits both means that you should be OK. There were some C6's though where the pin holes were not right and you had to bend the spring bars to make them fit. But that should not affect you.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
mrs j
Guru
Guru

Post by mrs j »

I was thinking of the new polished bracelet being fitted to my W7 white splash as the bezel is a matt / Bead blasted look finish as pictured here

and the polished center links should compliment the polished outer case maybe , Your thoughts please :thumbup: :thumbdown:
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes

Post by Clach77 »

The new bracelet would work, but I've an old c60 bracelet on my orange W6 and it looks great. As it's brused it closer matches the case of the W6 than the bead blasted C6 bracelet.

Does anyone know the width of the clasp on the new bracelet? From that picture is looks like it could be 18mm, rather than the 20mm of the old one.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

JAG wrote:Opinions please Yes or No ?
Haven't you done it yet?
mrs j
Guru
Guru

Post by mrs j »

Thanks to all for your input and iv'e decided to go for the new bracelet, just have to order it now.Thank you kip and Ian for putting up the photos for me.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Clach77 wrote:The new bracelet would work, but I've an old c60 bracelet on my orange W6 and it looks great. As it's brused it closer matches the case of the W6 than the bead blasted C6 bracelet.

Does anyone know the width of the clasp on the new bracelet? From that picture is looks like it could be 18mm, rather than the 20mm of the old one.
The new bracelet tapers from 22mm to 18mm. The clasp itself is about 20mm.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.