Slow, slow, quick quick, slow

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
charlesdidi
CW-watches: 0

Slow, slow, quick quick, slow

Post by charlesdidi »

OK. I know this topic has been covered before, but here goes. I've had my CW Automatic about 4 months and I love it. Only one problem - yes you've guessed, accuracy. When I first got the watch, it was going about 9-12 seconds a day fast. That's fine. When I adjusted for British Summer Time, all of a sudden it went 30 seconds fast a day. CW kindly adjusted it for me to go 8 secs fast and put me onto this forum. 4 weeks have passed since then and all of a sudden it's going 8 seconds slow a day. We've had a mini heatwave here and I don't know if this affects the watch. I'm experimenting with putting the watch in different positions overnight - so far without success. I wear it every day for 15 hours a day. I don't expect quartz accuracy, but the swings between slow and fast concern me, because I like to know the "character" of the watch I'm wearing and its character is inconsistent. Any ideas anyone?
MYND
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Post by MYND »

Nothing to worry about mate, I think heat or cold definitely affects the accuracy of any watch. The way you place it on your desk for example in the nights also makes a difference because the watch is not adjusted into all positons. Try experimenting a little bit how you place the watch at nights, i suggest placing it in its box with the dial upside.
Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
CW-watches: 7
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Hans »

Hmm, I don't know, fluctuations > 10 sec's a day seems too much and is definitely not typical for the ETA-caliber that is inside...