Slender wrist - C60 Elite

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
UfukCW

Post by UfukCW »

Hello,

I have 17 cm wrist which is slender. I got the elite CW a few weeks ago but I think it's a bit big for my wrist. I would like to have your opinion before I sell this and buy 40 mm C60. Care to put some input ?
C60 Elite.jpg
Thanks in advance.
iain
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Slender wrist - C60 Elite

Post by iain »

Personally I think it’s fine, but in reality my opinion doesn’t really matter.

What matters is your opinion and if you have doubts now that it’s too big, then do you think you will be able to overcome them?

If everyone says it looks fine then you may be able to convince yourself it’s fine, but will you ever be convinced deep down or will that nagging doubt remain?

I honestly can’t answer your question for you. I have a similar sized wrist and wear watches of this size without a problem. It’s what you feel comfortable with ultimately. It may be that you just aren’t used to watches of this size and it will grow on you (not literally). I’d give it a few days so see if you can overcome your concerns but if you can’t, then you probably have your answer. Hope this helps your thought process.
These users thanked the author iain for the post (total 4):
straplineUfukCWJasperCatalbionphoto
“Watch Enabling Parenting Genius”
Dickchins, March 22
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

^^ ^^
That's sound advice. Don't do anything rash, see how you feel after a few days. Looks fine to me too; I wear bigger watches and only have a 17.5cm wrist.

Des
Tested in five positions with no back play whatsoever.
Stuart1
Senior
Senior

Post by Stuart1 »

I agree with the advice already given, give it a few days.I
Having slender wrists as well I thought that the elite was very tall (15.4mm). The c60 40mm is 13mm tall which for me is more wearable. The new CW C60 3.1v is due to be released soon and that is said to be a bit thinner so that may be an option.
These users thanked the author Stuart1 for the post:
UfukCW
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Looks ok to me, but as per Iain’s advice ^^^.

The bezel and face are well balanced which helps the appearance. I find that a 42mm C60 is ok. Where as I would tend to avoid a 42mm watch with a bigger face/ narrow bezel as it would look like a dinner plate on my wrist.

Good luck
These users thanked the author Kansas City Milkman for the post:
UfukCW
UfukCW

Post by UfukCW »

iain wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:27 am Personally I think it’s fine, but in reality my opinion doesn’t really matter.

What matters is your opinion and if you have doubts now that it’s too big, then do you think you will be able to overcome them?

If everyone says it looks fine then you may be able to convince yourself it’s fine, but will you ever be convinced deep down or will that nagging doubt remain?

I honestly can’t answer your question for you. I have a similar sized wrist and wear watches of this size without a problem. It’s what you feel comfortable with ultimately. It may be that you just aren’t used to watches of this size and it will grow on you (not literally). I’d give it a few days so see if you can overcome your concerns but if you can’t, then you probably have your answer. Hope this helps your thought process.
Thank you for your opinion and I appreciate taking your time for it !
nowttolose
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by nowttolose »

My wrist is slightly narrower than yours at 16.5cm.

I have two C60s, a 38mm Trident Pro and a 40mm Trident Pro GMT, the latter being slight thicker than the equivalent Trident Pro, given the GMT movement.

What you don’t show in your photo is a side pic as is can be that the balance of the height of the watch is more of the problem that the diameter (or lug to lug).

The 38mm really is a sweet spot for me, but if anything may be a tadge on the small side. Whereas I wouldn’t go anymore than 40mm.

For my 16.5cm wrist a 39mm Trident Pro would be perfect size if CW manufactured such a watch.

Only you can say if the 42mm watch is too big as it is down to individual taste and style, but I would consider 40mm to be the general sweet spot for your wrist size.

Especially given the nice 47mm lug to lug width that comes with the 40mm watch and the reduction in height.
Dave

C65 Super Compressor Black Sand
C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 38mm Black/Red
C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT Mk3 40mm Black
C65 Dartmouth Blue
Rolex Submariner 116610LN
exHowfener
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

Personally I find that I get used after a day or so to different sized watches. I have some older ones of mine from many years ago that look very small indeed - but at the time they were 'just right'.
Still, doesn't matter what other people say - if you think it's the wrong size, it is.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

Looks ok to me. But I think the best way to judge is to look at your wrist in the mirror.
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sproughton »

Looks absolutely fine. As someone with skinny wrists, I mostly wear a seamaster (41mm) or speedmaster (42mm). Both of which are slightly bigger than I'd like, but I don't notice it on the wrist.

If it wears comfortably, fill your boots.
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by ajax87 »

As others have said, it’s all about what you feel! I think that looks fine on you.

I have an eve smaller wrist at 6” (15.25cm) and I really enjoy wearing my 42mm C60. The elite is a little taller than the standard C60, and I haven’t tried it myself but I’ve heard titanium lightness makes up for the extra height.

It’s really an awesome watch :thumbup:
Alex
C5A Mk1|C60 Sapphire, Abyss|C65 SC, 316L LE|C63 Auto, GMT|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster mk40|Speedmaster racing|Hamilton Intramatic chrono|Shinola Runwell auto|Tissot|Timex|RZE Endeavor
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by albionphoto »

iain wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:27 am Personally I think it’s fine, but in reality my opinion doesn’t really matter.

Iain gave some good advice.

Do you like the look of it on your wrist? Is it comfortable to wear. If yes to both then keep it. I also have a 17cm wrist and wear watches up to 44mm on a regular basis. I have learned to ignore the small watch crowd. Enjoy the watch.
These users thanked the author albionphoto for the post:
UfukCW
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Omega, and Oris
UfukCW

Post by UfukCW »

albionphoto wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:19 pm

Iain gave some good advice.

Do you like the look of it on your wrist? Is it comfortable to wear. If yes to both then keep it. I also have a 17cm wrist and wear watches up to 44mm on a regular basis. I have learned to ignore the small watch crowd. Enjoy the watch.
Actually I love the watch. I will also try with triton rubber straps. I believe that the fitted rubber straps create an illusion which makes the watch wear smaller. Thanks for the advice !
David. S
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 5

Post by David. S »

I also have a 17cm wrist and I have a c60 elite which I have never considered to be large.
The lug to lug length is another key factor, if the lugs overhang your wrist the watch will look to big.
From your picture everything looks good to me.

David.
nowttolose
Senior
Senior

Post by nowttolose »

Straps definitely make the CW watches wear smaller given the bracelet overhang.

This is good advice you have been given, and I notice it myself with my C60 divers.

A little tip is that all rubber straps retailed for less than £30 (and likely also over this amount) are manufactured in China.

Juelong are a massive manufacturer and probably supply one of the major U.K. retailers like Watch Gecko.

You can buy Juelong rubber watch straps from Aliexpress. I bought 2 for £11 and the quality was excellent. Took about 2 weeks to arrive directly from China. A smooth process and wouldn’t hesitate to buy direct again at a fraction of the cost of U.K. retailers, who buy the watch straps from China anyway, and then mark them up significantly.
These users thanked the author nowttolose for the post:
camdenhells
Dave

C65 Super Compressor Black Sand
C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 38mm Black/Red
C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT Mk3 40mm Black
C65 Dartmouth Blue
Rolex Submariner 116610LN