Should I sell my C600, bead blast, or keep it?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
simplybao

Should I sell my C600, bead blast, or keep it?

Post by simplybao »

I figured I'd ask everyone here your opinions. I love my c600. I've only had it a little over a month. BUT, I have a problem, I can't seem to find a strap that makes the watch comfortable. I've had it on the factory rubber (too long and bulky), Brady Strap (the strap itself is too long and I can't get it a comfortable fit), Maratac (It seems to rub my wrists wrong, I can't get it right).

I like bracelets best. I bought a PVD bracelet for it, but the PVD coating on the bracelet is terrible. I might add that it is an aftermarket bracelet. I've inquired about getting a corax bracelet from CW, but they no longer have them and have no plans to make them. I forgot to mention that the bracelet fit the best, it just looked like crap.

My idea is to remove the PVD coating, bead blast the case, and get the C4 bracelet and bead blast it to match. Wera is checking on which bracelet fits the C600.

My last option is to sell the watch. I really don't want to do that because I really like the watch. I'm really drawn to the black dial with the lime green hands. It's the favorite part of the watch. And if I sold the watch, I think I'd lose about 50% of the cost.

What would you all do?
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: Should I sell my C600, bead blast, or keep it?

Post by footycrazy »

you could put up a WTB Corax bracelet, if you havn,t already. you may get lucky as it sounds like you want to keep it. or put it on a black leather strap or a black pvd mesh.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/22mm-PVD-BLAC ... 0524268274

http://www.strapcode.com/store/22mm-bla ... lr24hagsn3
Graham
CornishDave
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by CornishDave »

Got mine on a black leather Toshi, which is fine for me. Expensive if you don't like it mind!
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Post by xtriple »

Sell it. If it doesn't fit properly, then chances are it never will. If it's not comfortable then you'll never wear it. Cut your losses and run.

I've got a "Deep Blue" which I find uncomfortable on the wrist as the back is quite bulky, tried it on a variety of straps and nothing makes it any better so I just don't wear it.
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Aifo »

footycrazy wrote:you could put up a WTB Corax bracelet, if you havn,t already. you may get lucky as it sounds like you want to keep it. or put it on a black leather strap or a black pvd mesh.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/22mm-PVD-BLAC ... 0524268274

http://www.strapcode.com/store/22mm-bla ... lr24hagsn3

Got this pvd mesh from strapcode :)
Incoming: 0
image_doctor
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by image_doctor »

I have mine on a supple black leather Toshi and it's very comfortable ... but YMMV.

A NATO would be a cheap experiment.

Not sure what other's views might be ... but I don't think the green highlights would look anywhere near as sharp when matched with a bead blasted case?
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

Here is an amalgam from the web site (only had the bracelet with black stripe).

Does not look that bad actually. But if you are going to bead blast it then it may be harder to sell on. I have to agree on teh NATOs as they are very comfortable.

Here is my old C600 yellow with all black NATO from The Strap Shop. Very nice quality. Soft and smooth and the all black goes with the PVD nicely.

I have my blue C600 on a PVD mesh and a few of my divers on leather.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

OK warning OPINIONS follow:

DO NOT bead blast that beautiful watch (I own one and love it)... I have a friend here in NC that was looking for one on NN sale ..

I managed to get corax from Wera last year so be sure none are available because thats the BEST... maybe buy someone else's C600 with blue or yellow (which I dont like rofl cause I know that will create a fuss!) .. steal the bracelet and sell the watch..

I have a RESCO and that is a _itch to fit with a strap so I have gone thru the NATOs/Zulus you name it....
SO if any of the above not an option I Have 2 possibles for you...1 is a inexpensive rubber strap that works well and the other is get a Di-Modell Chronissimo strap. Works on my RESCO well.

PM me if you want and I will give you details.

BUT PULEASE don't bead blast it!!!!!
28800bph
"Asylum Knight of the Diver"
CW-watches: 1

Post by 28800bph »

I vote for bead blast, that will look great.
Then have the bezel treated with Cerakote!
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

Read my post!!!
image_doctor
Senior
Senior

Post by image_doctor »

ianblyth wrote:Here is an amalgam from the web site (only had the bracelet with black stripe).

Does not look that bad actually. But if you are going to bead blast it then it may be harder to sell on. I have to agree on teh NATOs as they are very comfortable.

Here is my old C600 yellow with all black NATO from The Strap Shop. Very nice quality. Soft and smooth and the all black goes with the PVD nicely.

I have my blue C600 on a PVD mesh and a few of my divers on leather.
Enjoyed the C600 cut and shut, with the black on the bracelet it looks better than I had imagined :)
image_doctor
Senior
Senior

Post by image_doctor »

Does anyone know if the knurled crown and release valve will bead blast OK ?
mickarthur
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by mickarthur »

I initially had the same reservations about the rubber strap that comes with the Tri-Tech. After trying some different options, I have realized that the factory rubber strap is the best option, IMO. You mentioned the length - I cut the excess from mine and never looked back. Cut the original strap and give it another go - you may be surprised.

You could also order the C700 silicone strap for $50 and try that one - I am sure you could resell it if it doesn't work out.
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

ianblyth wrote:

+1 for this exact strap, much better than the usual NATO's and with PVD fixtures too.

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
Aesculapius
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Aesculapius »

Or, in a similar vein, the four-ring version of the Rhino / Zulu straps in black with black PVD fittings. Same basic principle as the original NATOs but slightly heavier-duty fittings and slightlty thicker nylon webbing for the strap - although mine feel more flexible and easier to wear than a standard NATO. I've had several for years and they're still going strong!