Shipping to Norway

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
MrD
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Shipping to Norway

Post by MrD »

28800bph wrote:Somewhere in Nigeria there is a serious watch collector looking on the Sales Corner and he is even more frustrated than a Norwegian. :D
I'll do my best to bid high in that situation ;-)

Actually, I am not really sure about that. Maybe equally frustrated! Lol
MrD
Junior
Junior

Shipping to Norway

Post by MrD »

nathanclarinet wrote:Fair play MrD - get that frustration out! I have recently become a member on WUS and have made enquiries via constructive PMs with sellers who had advertised CONUS only. Despite the fact that I have only made a handgul of posts, the sellers (3 in total) have all said that they would have posted to me had I got in sooner. As I say, this was based on positive PMing. As downer says, it works both ways and trust will be gained through forum interaction so now that you are up to 20 posts MrD, maybe your luck will change :D
MrD wrote:Any **** that havent paid for their buys?
:lol:
MrD wrote:I have a plan:

Email no. 1
"Hi. I really love the watch. Do you have any close-ups? Since we have the same interest in this beautiful watch; do you want to be my friend? I can even add you on Facebook! Then the whole world would know that we are friends! We can even like the same Pages on Facebook. Can you ask your parents to adopt me?"

Email no. 2
"I'll take it. Paypal okey?"
:lol: :lol:

One more post! When I reach 100; I will apply to become a UK citzen! Lol

I have actually lived in UK, 6 months. Love the people! And the beer! :-)
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Shipping to Norway

Post by jimbo »

When i first saw the heading of this topic my first thoughts were

"Fred Olson line" !

Can someone explain why they will not post stuff to Norway or any where outside of Blighty?

I thought that if you posted something and had proof of postage then you were covered if the item did not arrive?

I have spent one or two winters in Norway, come to think of it, a couple of cold Octobers as well, and other than the fact you have to take out a mortgage to be able to afford a beer they are almost "normal".......

I qualify this by spending the winters in Lillehammer where any nation thinks it's "sport" to ski off a ramp into a basin !....mad

They also have a weird way of having a punch up. One of my mates "swept" a pint in a club, the owner was not impressed, and invited him outside to discuss the theft. My mate who was a poison dwarf from Manchester who was hard as nails said

"why not!" (the Norgie was about 6ft 2"- the guy from Moss Side about 5ft 5")......we went out into the cool night air, (January in Norway...about minus 15 deg C) where there was already a fight going on.....i kid you not......the 2 Norgies exchanged "slaps" across the face and shook hands and went back into the club......we were later told that this was so that no one would be prosecuted for assault and no serious harm would be done, and that honour would be "satisfied".....Well my mate absolutely mullered him.......sadly we had to hot foot away to avoid the rossers.....

So the moral of this story is, if you send a watch to Norway, if it does not arrive you will at best only be punished with a slap ! :D

ps on doing a spell check....rossers comes up as "tossers" :D
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
Tor Billon
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by Tor Billon »

Yesterday I put my C15 watch up for sale, I received two messages to buy and I was grateful that I would at least achieve the asking price.

One sale would require international postage, and the other offer was from someone very local, and polite and friendly, and was a well established forum member.

Being someone who would rather an easier option regarding time and hassle, I prefer to keep the sale UK. The reason has nothing whatsover to do with anything other than convenience and peace if mind. I like Royal Mail special delivery. I would be a bit more concerned about an item someone has paid good money for getting lost during international travel. I don't think that is an offensive view to have, and being half Scandavian myself, certainly is not about xenophobia.

I do apologise for not stating this in my sale details. However I have actually tried my best to be very polite and helpful where possible, honest!! :)

Seems all a bit out of proportion over what was a very quick deal, where nobody was incovenienced at all.
Sorry for all of this but this whole transaction has been made public on at least 2 seperate threads from the original sale.
So I wanted to put my case forward. :wave:
Jape
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Jape »

I like your name, Tor Billon...it's like a Scandinavian name, but probably affected by tourbillon movement... Nice. :clap:
C7 Rapide C11 Auto C600 Tri-Tech C2 Lido C40 Speedhawk C60 600 Sinn 857 Sinn 103St Sinn U1 Omega Seamaster Pro 300
Wants are many but funds scarce.
Tor Billon
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by Tor Billon »

Ha, thanks Jape ! :thumbup: :thumbup:
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

MrD wrote:I have a plan:

Email no. 1
"Hi. I really love the watch. Do you have any close-ups? Since we have the same interest in this beautiful watch; do you want to be my friend? I can even add you on Facebook! Then the whole world would know that we are friends! We can even like the same Pages on Facebook. Can you ask your parents to adopt me?"

Email no. 2
"I'll take it. Paypal okey?"
Top posting

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Jape
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Jape »

Tor Billon wrote:Ha, thanks Jape ! :thumbup: :thumbup:
You're welcome, dear Sir! :D
C7 Rapide C11 Auto C600 Tri-Tech C2 Lido C40 Speedhawk C60 600 Sinn 857 Sinn 103St Sinn U1 Omega Seamaster Pro 300
Wants are many but funds scarce.
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by Loddonite »

jimbo wrote:... in Lillehammer ...
...also known as Liver-Hammer. :booze:
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
MrD
Junior
Junior

Post by MrD »

JAG wrote:A slight reminder of this post and i wonder why his piece did not sell on here not to drink a cup of tea with you guys.
I am going to London second weekend in March. Care to share a cup of Kopi Luwak? :-)
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by Loddonite »

MrD wrote:I am going to London second weekend in March. Care to share a cup of Kopi Luwak? :-)
Unfortunately I am only in London during the week. :(
And I don't drink poo-coffee. :)
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.