Shipping Method for " Rest of the World "

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
student80
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Shipping Method for " Rest of the World "

Post by student80 »

When watches are shipped abroad, who is delivering then ?

Is it posible to ask CWL to ship my watch by registered mail ( I belive it is called Royal Mail ) and not by DHL, UPS, FEDEX or similar companies because they charge way too much for they services here in Croatia - also when shipphed by regular mail there is a posibility that the watch will go to me directly ( no duty paid )
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Re: Shipping Method for " Rest of the World "

Post by Loddonite »

I don't know who they are shipped with - though the picture at the top of this page may be a clue (certainly for the express service).
Assuming that your postal address is in Croatia, I don't believe there should be any tax or duty in addition to UK VAT, which is included in the £248.
The "standard" delivery charge of £12 seems reasonable to me - it's a big heavy box.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
student80
Senior
Senior

Post by student80 »

Croatia in not EU country, my invoice is 208 GBP + 12 GBP for delivery cost

When it arrives I have to pay 5 % duty + 23 % VAT on the whole amount ( 220 GBP ) - if it goes by Royal Mail there is a possibily that it would go direct to Croatian mail with out being subject of custom inspection

If it goes by DHL, UPS and similar companies THEY WILL call custom comisioner to inspect the watch so they can charge my for the service of " preparing the parcel for inspection " which is ridiculous expensive fee and is also included in amount that is basic for duty and tax
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes

Post by Loddonite »

student80 wrote:Croatia in not EU country,
Sorry about that - I read somewhere that the treaty had been signed (which it has)... but I see now that the process doesn't complete till 2013 :shock:
We suffer a fee from these companies too - about £15 - for processing packages through customs. They also pay the customs charges and duty on our behalf and we then have to repay them. It seems fair to me. Just the same as you, items sent through the regular post don't attract customs charges so often.

I don't know what service CW use for the £12 standard - good luck!
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Aifo »

I live in HK and all my CWs are posted with the rest of the world charges. The parcels are delivered to me by royal mail registered. As to which courier CW uses for Croatia maybe an email to cw customer service would be the best way to find out but I very much doubted for GBP 12 your watch will be shipped by an express service provider like DHL/ UPS.
Incoming: 0
student80
Senior
Senior

Post by student80 »

to Aifo

When I order my Seiko from Creationwathes ( Singapure if my memory is right ) during checkout I was asked to decide who will be delivering my parcel - so I took registered mail; I didnt see on CWL site the same thing and it is nowhere explaind shipping policy of CWL so I wasnt sure, but Royal Mail is just fine for me

to Loddonite

Hopefully, a lot of things will change with joining EU - info I have is that fee is around 25 GBP ( converted from croatian Kuna ) which is for our standard way too much money
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Lavaine »

Your watch should ship by Royal Mail. So far I'm 3/3 not paying duty on CW purchases. I'm probably due on my current order, especially since it's 2 watches's so it will be a big box.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.