Shipping delays at CW

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Frankcastle123
Senior
Senior

Shipping delays at CW

Post by Frankcastle123 »

Gentlemen if you were planning to place an order and get it by Father's Day I would suggest not to get your hopes up. Placed an order early morning 4 days ago and it hasn't even shipped yet so I doubt I'll get it in time for Father's Day. Called yesterday to get an update and was told that they'll try to have it out by the end of the week. So far nothing [POUTING FACE][POUTING FACE][POUTING FACE]
tysonmax
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Re: Shipping delays at CW

Post by tysonmax »

These are the times you wish there was a Brick and Mortar CW store conveniently located close to you :)
Wheelman

Post by Wheelman »

I placed order approx 8pm last sunday evening and was told it's now on its way, delivery due tomorrow.

Guess I'm a lucky boy.
Frankcastle123
Senior
Senior

Post by Frankcastle123 »

Another day and no shipping. Wonder how long does it take to wrap a small box and hand it to the daily mail driver for shipping. There's no way I'll get this in time for Father's Day. Customer service is declining at cw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eric72
Senior
Senior

Post by eric72 »

This is not amazon....

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk
Frankcastle123
Senior
Senior

Post by Frankcastle123 »

I don't expect delivery in 2 days like amazon however I do expect a company to ship a product that is in stock within max 3 days. There's absolutely no excuse for a company to not ship a in stock item in a few days. If they're busy because of Father's Day then plan ahead and hire part timers or pay over time to keep up with the demand.

Btw this is not my first time ordering from cw but it is the first time waiting a week for them to just mark an item as shipped

tysonmax
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by tysonmax »

When you called earlier was there any explanation given as to what might be holding up shipping?
Frankcastle123
Senior
Senior

Post by Frankcastle123 »

None. I spoke to the US office and they sent a escalation email and got a reply back saying that they will try to ship it by weeks end. The week ended and nothing.

If the watch ain't here by Father's Day it's going right back and I'll have to get something else for my father in law

srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

An unfortunate situation but a little dramatic, no? Certainly your father in law would understand a delay in shipping and gladly accept such a nice gift a few days late.

As for the US customer service line, I've experienced similar issues with the quality of their responses. Could be wrong but it seems like the US line just relays info to the UK office and doesn't have direct access to the inner workings. Now I just email the UK office directly.

Side note... I did get a shipment notification on my last order with CW but the tracking never updated past "awaiting dispatch". The day I sent an email on it, it showed up in the mail box.
Frankcastle123
Senior
Senior

Post by Frankcastle123 »

I'm just venting... Hopefully I get it in the mail on time for Father's Day.

Chances are that if I don't I'll probably just keep it for me and hope that the wife doesn't notice that I acquired another watch [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]