SH21 Birthday Wish

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

SH21 Birthday Wish

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

I'm turning 40 in September and of course that deserves a watch. I've thought of a number of different models but a CW with the SH21 would really hit the spot. The problem is I think they available 1s are kind of ugly. I'd love a Trident MK3 that is stainless, no gunmetal etc and if it has to have the power reserve display please do a center seconds hand! Or better yet no power reserve, keep it under the radar by putting 5 days or something on the dial. You're on the clock CW.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: SH21 Birthday Wish

Post by jkbarnes »

Dynamite_Kid19 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:31 am I'm turning 40 in September and of course that deserves a watch. I've thought of a number of different models but a CW with the SH21 would really hit the spot. The problem is I think they available 1s are kind of ugly. I'd love a Trident MK3 that is stainless, no gunmetal etc and if it has to have the power reserve display please do a center seconds hand! Or better yet no power reserve, keep it under the radar by putting 5 days or something on the dial. You're on the clock CW.

Haha! I love this post!

...and I totally get it. I’d love to see a Mk 3 Trident with the SH21 movement. It would be nice to see the defining watch of the brand offered with their in-house movement.
Drew
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

Having two watches with SH21 movements already, I can't agree that they're "ugly", but of course we all have different tastes, otherwise the world would be a very boring place :lol:

I do agree though that there really should be a new C60 with an SH21 movement, and I'd love that to have a centre seconds hand too (both mine are small seconds) and date of course. I actually like the power reserve complication, but on an automatic, I'd be happy without it or for it to be made more discreet perhaps.

Now if they could also make an titanium Elite SH21 too, that would be even better :thumbup:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
alanrolfe01
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 25

Post by alanrolfe01 »

There should be SH21's in every sector. It's a joy to have, I have three, and should cherished and heralded by the brand.
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

Ok maybe ugly was the wrong word. I don't like the small seconds with the power reserve. They look too close and cluttered to me. Best case is no power reserve or have it on the back. Center seconds and power reserve at 6 would look really good to me. Center seconds and power reserve at 9 would also get me to bite. I just want a no frills black Trident with that power movement in it. A true flagship. I do like the Abyss but blacked out nature doesn't make it an everyday piece to me.

jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Dynamite_Kid19 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:06 pm I just want a no frills black Trident with that power movement in it. A true flagship.
Exactly! That is exactly what I want. [the emphasis above was added by me]
Drew
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

jkbarnes wrote:
Dynamite_Kid19 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:06 pm I just want a no frills black Trident with that power movement in it. A true flagship.
Exactly! That is exactly what I want. [the emphasis above was added by me]
Adding some flair to the bracelet of a SH21 wouldn't hurt either. Something subtle but we'll done like the Monta bracelet.

nauf
Senior
Senior

Post by nauf »

Agree with you. While I love my C65 SH21 Auto, I don’t feel like to add a few more with the same complications and dial layout. SH21 has been around with the same complications quite a while now. Hopefully they are adding up other complications (or maybe they have?) such as chronograph and moonphase for new models under motorsport and dress collections.
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

Dynamite_Kid19 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:06 pm Ok maybe ugly was the wrong word. I don't like the small seconds with the power reserve. They look too close and cluttered to me. Best case is no power reserve or have it on the back. Center seconds and power reserve at 6 would look really good to me. Center seconds and power reserve at 9 would also get me to bite. I just want a no frills black Trident with that power movement in it. A true flagship. I do like the Abyss but blacked out nature doesn't make it an everyday piece to me.

Those suggestions would work for me too :thumbup:

I like small seconds as an option on a couple of my watches, and I have those now, so a centre seconds would be ideal with SH21. To be honest, without my glasses these days, I struggle to read the small seconds, but I can at least see enough to check it’s running :lol:

Power reserve on the back is an interesting idea :D
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by monkeymax »

Okay, here's a silly question, but I've never seen one let alone owned one...... What makes the SH21 so special that it's a joy to have? I appreciate it's a great movement and unique to CW, and an upgrade over a more bog standard movement, but... why? (Just curious as I am also planning a birthday watch!)
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

monkeymax wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:21 am Okay, here's a silly question, but I've never seen one let alone owned one...... What makes the SH21 so special that it's a joy to have? I appreciate it's a great movement and unique to CW, and an upgrade over a more bog standard movement, but... why? (Just curious as I am also planning a birthday watch!)
For me, it’s simply about the desire to have a CW watch with their in-house movement, nothing more really.
Drew
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

monkeymax wrote:Okay, here's a silly question, but I've never seen one let alone owned one...... What makes the SH21 so special that it's a joy to have? I appreciate it's a great movement and unique to CW, and an upgrade over a more bog standard movement, but... why? (Just curious as I am also planning a birthday watch!)
For me it's about having a step up model. Sort of like getting a car with a better engine option.

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

CW put the SH21 movement in the standard Black dial C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk2 and also did a 300 pieces White dial version .

Is this the sort of thing you'd be looking for, if in a Mk3 version?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:54 pm CW put the SH21 movement in the standard Black dial C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk2 and also did a 300 pieces White dial version .

Guy

This thread prompted me to go back and look up those very two watches! I’ve often wondered why CW doesn’t offer the C60 Trident with the SH21 as a regular offering. It seems like a logical move to me - the flagship in house movement in their flagship model.
Drew
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:CW put the SH21 movement in the standard Black dial C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk2 and also did a 300 pieces White dial version .

Guy

That's the ticket but I'd like the C65 MK3 case because it's smaller and the height is lower. The Abyss sized case would he pushing it.