"SAVED" by my C700!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

"SAVED" by my C700!

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Tonight, my wife decided to make spaghetti for dinner and she put me in charge with boiling the spaghetti itself and I had to make sure it wasn't under or overcooked. She likes it just right. So here I go, not thinking to well, and get the water to boil and throw in the spaghetti. Moments after being brain-dead, I begin frantically looking around for my wife's kitchen timer so I can monitor the cook time. I can't find it anywhere and I go into a panic. I'm "dead-meat" if I screw up her spaghetti.

It doesn't immediately dawn on me that I'm wearing my watch, my C700 watch...., you know, hello...the one with chronograph capability. Of course.... my watch, stupid me. So I quickly press the start button and off we go to having perfectly cooked spaghetti. :clap: Saved by my C700. Thanks CW, for saving my life, my marriage and selling me a great looking watch.

OK, the true story really? I just used my watch to time the spaghetti.... ha ha. :lol: I didn't really panic looking for some kitchen timer that we don't have anyway. My wife, she really likes her spaghetti mushy, over-cooked.. yuck!. I'm the one who has to have it perfectly cooked. I'll time it dead-on 9 minutes and pull it ASAP. It did make a great story though... you still there... :silent: :yawn: :problem:

So what have you use your Chronograph for?
28800bph
"Asylum Knight of the Diver"

Re: "SAVED" by my C700!

Post by 28800bph »

This morning I used my chrono to time a 24 second shot through 18 grams of Black Cat Analog.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

28800bph wrote:This morning I used my chrono to time a 24 second shot through 18 grams of Black Cat Analog.
Didn't understand that. :problem:

I used my chrono yesterday to time how long my new coffee machine took to warm up after being switched on.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 3

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I have a little kitchen timer, but I always put on the DBR1 if I'm doing boiled eggs! :lol:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

used the chrono once to time my sexual performance.... the 1/10second timer was the most useful part :oops:
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
castle
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by castle »

28800bph wrote:This morning I used my chrono to time a 24 second shot through 18 grams of Black Cat Analog.
It sounds like an explosives test on a firing range, but my guess is making espresso?
CW-C8 MKI
Steinhart Nav B-Chrono II
Citizen -"Orca" and 1976 chrono.
Seiko-"Spork", "Stargate II", "Blumo", 009 mod.
Zeno 300m army diver
Revue Thommen Airspeed chrono
Junkers Bauhaus.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

castle wrote:
It sounds like an explosives test on a firing range, but my guess is making espresso?
Never thought of that, but on reflection it's probably how Sir AKD would make coffee. It wouldn't surprise me if he built the coffee-machine! :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

xtriple wrote:used the chrono once to time my sexual performance.... the 1/10second timer was the most useful part :oops:
:lol: No way!
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
castle wrote:
Never thought of that, but on reflection it's probably how Sir AKD would make coffee. It wouldn't surprise me if he built the coffee-machine! :thumbup:
Not a bad idea. I'm about the hit the shower while my coffee machine is brewing. I think I'll time how long it takes me to shower.
castle
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by castle »

xtriple wrote:used the chrono once to time my sexual performance.... the 1/10second timer was the most useful part :oops:
You just need to strap it on a bit tighter. :lol:
CW-C8 MKI
Steinhart Nav B-Chrono II
Citizen -"Orca" and 1976 chrono.
Seiko-"Spork", "Stargate II", "Blumo", 009 mod.
Zeno 300m army diver
Revue Thommen Airspeed chrono
Junkers Bauhaus.
CeeBee
Senior
Senior

Post by CeeBee »

I use my C40 to time how long it takes to cycle to places, thereby increasing the chance of arriving at the correct time in future. I start the chrono when I set off. Unfortunately I have yet to remember to look at it or stop it when I arrive :-(
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes

Post by androo »

Don't think I have ever used the chrono to time things. Normally when I time something in minutes or seconds I will use the normal hands. I have used the tachymeter on my C40 though
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

CeeBee wrote:I start the chrono when I set off. Unfortunately I have yet to remember to look at it or stop it when I arrive :-(
I have tried using the chrono to time many things ...usually have the same issue...forget to stop it. :problem:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Like Russ I frequently use my chronos for cooking. I find that dive bezels also work well for cooking, when 'to the closest minute' is good enough.

Also, we are now expecting a tutorial on how to build an espresso machine at home. Surely our resident Knight doesn't use a store-bought machine?
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

On my Speedbird PRS12 I've been timing anything that lasts up to 59 seconds. Any longer than that is no good, as the seconds hand either stops, or stutters its way to the 60 second spot. :thumbdown: (That'll teach me for getting it serviced!)