Sale Live

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ozzy

Re: Sale Live

Post by ozzy »

Gripper wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:47 pm
stavic wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:10 pm How much was the C1 moonglow posted for ? I can’t believe that I missed it … by 15 minutes
It was 30% off so £1,295. Good luck trying to get one. Make sure you have your CW account open when you are looking and I checked out through Paypal which seemed quicker than checking out and paying by card as I've done in the past. You don't have the time to think about it! but it was the only watch I was hoping would come up and bonus it has the twin flags logo, I was expecting if one came up it would have the CW name logo.

I almost missed it, was just getting ready to take the dog out!
I was able to pick the other CW name logo Moonglow, and a little bit more cheap because of my ME location. 8)

This is my second CW.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

ozzy wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:17 am This is my second CW.
Welcome. Do please visit the Member Introduction section and tell us about yourself (and your other CW). 8)
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
stavic
Junior
Junior

Post by stavic »

Quick update: This is the first time I was able to connect to CS through the telephone number after emailing Matt and the team. Unfortunately, they cannot do anything to the payment once it went through. They can cancel it and the watch will be put back on the website again but I can't guarantee my luck that I will be able to purchase it again. Thus, look like I will pay the Canadian price for now .... It's a bit sad though cuz it's about $300CAD difference which is quite significant but hey, at least its' 30% off.
stavic wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:26 pm I just don’t want them to ship both before I can get a hold off them. Tbh, their customer service has been hard to reach nowadays and I don’t want to deal with duties for both then returning one.

Have anyone here succeeded in asking them to refund the original amount and issue you the invoice in GBP ? That would be the easiest way to deal with but of course less money for CW.
These users thanked the author stavic for the post:
Gripper
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

I am eagerly awaiting for the Al Deere to pop up in the sale...
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

We're definitely in the witching hour for new things being added :D
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Has wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:27 am Yesterday the postman was ringing 👌👌👌
Very exciting
76699C58-AA18-41A7-B6BE-9A7C2882F3C1.jpeg
I hope I get both of mine in same delivery. Nothing beats opening a new watch box 😂😂
These users thanked the author TheBeatles for the post:
Has
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
stavic
Junior
Junior

Post by stavic »

ctafield wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:28 pm We're definitely in the witching hour for new things being added :D
Have been pressing the reset button none stop
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

ctafield wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:28 pm We're definitely in the witching hour for new things being added :D
You could be right, it’s about this time yesterday I bagged a brace.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

I hope I get both of mine in same delivery. Nothing beats opening a new watch box
... well, opening two might.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
stavic
Junior
Junior

Post by stavic »

Look like it will be a quiet dat. I have skipped lunch for this …
bananapants
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 8

Post by bananapants »

stavic wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:00 pm Quick update: This is the first time I was able to connect to CS through the telephone number after emailing Matt and the team. Unfortunately, they cannot do anything to the payment once it went through. They can cancel it and the watch will be put back on the website again but I can't guarantee my luck that I will be able to purchase it again. Thus, look like I will pay the Canadian price for now .... It's a bit sad though cuz it's about $300CAD difference which is quite significant but hey, at least its' 30% off.
stavic wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:26 pm I just don’t want them to ship both before I can get a hold off them. Tbh, their customer service has been hard to reach nowadays and I don’t want to deal with duties for both then returning one.

Have anyone here succeeded in asking them to refund the original amount and issue you the invoice in GBP ? That would be the easiest way to deal with but of course less money for CW.
I made a similar miscalculation and bought the C60 Sunrise in USD and could have saved ~$100 had I used GBP.... my solution was to buy another watch, a C60 Trident Pro 300, with GBP to recognize a better average savings :D
These users thanked the author bananapants for the post:
Viognier
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

bananapants wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:29 pm I made a similar miscalculation and bought the C60 Sunrise in USD and could have saved ~$100 had I used GBP.... my solution was to buy another watch, a C60 Trident Pro 300, with GBP to recognize a better average savings :D
Brilliant! It’s not even man maths - just the knowledge that the more you buy in a sale the greater your savings :lol:
bananapants
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 8

Post by bananapants »

missF wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:35 pm
bananapants wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:29 pm I made a similar miscalculation and bought the C60 Sunrise in USD and could have saved ~$100 had I used GBP.... my solution was to buy another watch, a C60 Trident Pro 300, with GBP to recognize a better average savings :D
Brilliant! It’s not even man maths - just the knowledge that the more you buy in a sale the greater your savings :lol:
This is the support I come here for! :lol:
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^ Man maths (or bloke sums) doesn’t stop with watches. I wasn’t going away this spring until I saw two weeks at my favourite Greek hotel in May advertised with a very attractive early bird discount. No brainer. I booked it.
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post:
MiniMpi
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Received a short while ago.

Guy

Sent from my XPERIA 5 III using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post (total 12):
TonywalkerMiniMpiwelshladrc51ownerMichaelMDGarethMoroAmor Vincit OmniaJasperCatthomcat00 and 2 more users
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England