Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Return of Brown Super Compressor?

Post by Peteo »

So, I am very close to pulling the trigger on a Super Compressor. I've been eyeing one for a while, and I admit that it's the new logo-only dial that has me ready to actually do it. But then, I find myself pausing again because I remembered that I preferred the brown dial over either of the blues.

Any idea if the fellas plan on releasing the brown with the Swish only? I assume it should come soon?

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere else.
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34
Non-CWs: A. LANGE & SÖHNE 1815 Annual Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 13

Re: Return of Brown Super Compressor?

Post by nbg »

I very much doubt if it will reappear.

My recollection is that it went to clearance rather early in its lifecycle, having been vastly outsold by the other two dial colour options.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

nbg wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:44 pm I very much doubt if it will reappear.

My recollection is that it went to clearance rather early in its lifecycle, having been vastly outsold by the other two dial colour options.

Neil
That's annoying but certainly not surprising. Blue does rank far higher than brown on the overall color popularity pyramid. Well, I guess the upside is that there is no more reason to wait!
Peteo
Non-CWs: A. LANGE & SÖHNE 1815 Annual Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by albionphoto »

The Black Sand/Brown went into the sale very quickly (3 months). Owners were given a refund on the original price because of this. I don't think it will be back as an option again. You might find one on eBay or Ward Hoard but I'd go for a new one if you want the logo free version.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Omega, and Oris
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

albionphoto wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:02 pm Owners were given a refund on the original price because of this.
Oh wow. I don't remember that, but then I wasn't on the forum much then. I thought the color combo was interesting and different! Blue's fine too!
Peteo
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Peteo wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:17 pm Blue's fine too!
The Deep Blue is mighty fine! Some of my favorite forum members watches are the Deep Blue SCs.

There are two brown SCs on Ward Hoard at the moment.
Andrew
“Everything’s better when you feel guilty.” ~ Anthony Bourdain

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AMGT LE

Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by monkeymax »

Peteo wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:17 pm
albionphoto wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:02 pm Owners were given a refund on the original price because of this.
Oh wow. I don't remember that, but then I wasn't on the forum much then. I thought the color combo was interesting and different! Blue's fine too!
If you missed it, it's worth pointing out the refund wasn't because it wasn't a popular watch. It was because on most (I think the last batch or so didn't have this) the lower dial text was slightly misaligned. CW admitted this was a mistake and offered owners (if I remember right; I wasn't one) a partial or full (upon return of the watch) refund.
I agree, the colourway was really nice and matched the theme of bringing back an old technology but they all look great.
These users thanked the author monkeymax for the post (total 2):
albionphotoJasperCat
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by StrappedUp »

^^^ I'm sure the refund was because it was offered 'on sale' so soon after release.

People were offered replacement dials or refunds iirc, I'm not sure whether partial was offered as a form of compensation because of the above offer.
Ryan
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by rkovars »

StrappedUp wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:37 pm ^^^ I'm sure the refund was because it was offered 'on sale' so soon after release.

People were offered replacement dials or refunds iirc, I'm not sure whether partial was offered as a form of compensation because of the above offer.
I have a blue with misaligned text. I was never offered a refund or sale difference. They did contact me for a replacement dial but the text is so small I don't notice unless you look with a loupe. Now it is 'my' watch and I wouldn't think of swapping out the dial.
"The cure for anything is salt water - tears, sweat and the sea."
Isak Dinesen

Current CW = C65 Trident GMT, C65 Dartmouth, C60 Trident Ombré COSC LE, C65 Super Compressor
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by stefs »

Although I have the ocean blue and think it is one of the best dials I have ever seen I would thoroughly recommend a super compressor in whatever colour you can get or prefer. A really really nice watch.
These users thanked the author stefs for the post:
rkovars
Cheers now, Paul
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by monkeymax »

StrappedUp wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:37 pm ^^^ I'm sure the refund was because it was offered 'on sale' so soon after release.

Ah okay. I stand corrected. That was a rather generous thing for CW to have done then! :thumbup:
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by albionphoto »

monkeymax wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:19 pm If you missed it, it's worth pointing out the refund wasn't because it wasn't a popular watch. It was because on most (I think the last batch or so didn't have this) the lower dial text was slightly misaligned. CW admitted this was a mistake and offered owners (if I remember right; I wasn't one) a partial or full (upon return of the watch) refund.
I agree, the colourway was really nice and matched the theme of bringing back an old technology but they all look great.
The email I received from CW said specifically that it was because it was on sale for 2/3rds the price so quickly after release. The 1/3rd refund was to compensate buyers who bought it at full price. It had nothing to do with mis-aligned text on the Black Sand. I can't comment on the teal dial being replaced but a new dial was never offered to me for the Black Sand version.
These users thanked the author albionphoto for the post:
monkeymax
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Omega, and Oris
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

One on The Bay now, and it’s state side if your interested.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/275305734282?m ... media=COPY
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight