Recieved my C8s today ;)

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Snoops
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Recieved my C8s today ;)

Post by Snoops »

Man, I cant belive how beautiful the 2 C8s that arrived today are. For me I love the look of them.

I could not make my mind so ordered 2. 1 the LE and the other and the other Silver/black face.

I am still really really really confused.

Which to keep. AAAAaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhhh

Can anyone tell me if the IPK coating if accidently knocked would scrape off and show silver?

Showed my wife and she liked the silver because of the colored stitching on the strap!!!!!!!

I need to make my mind up soon so I can wear my watch (afraid of ruining it if I have to send one back)

Also the size is perfect for my wrists.

Just to iterate the quality of the watch is amazing. Feels and looks like a classic timepiece.
:o
CWL - C8 PILOT LE (IPK)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: Recieved my C8s today ;)

Post by Kip »

I told you it wouldn't help to get both. Now you have to keep them! :)

I will give you extra meds for the wife if it helps.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Hehe decisions decisions :) I'd keep the LE if I were you... You can always buy another silver later if you're still keen on them, but you'd be hard pushed to get an LE!

If the rivets not matching are bothering you (and/or your wife!) you can always change the strap. I received my C8 LE today but I'd already ordered a strap from Toshi to go on this watch. Although now I see it in the flesh, I quite like the rivets, even though they don't match.

Have to say, I think my C8 is my new favourite CW watch. I wish I'd jumped on board sooner :) Or rather, not jumped off when I'd pre-ordered before the release date ;)
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

ctafield wrote: Have to say, I think my C8 is my new favourite CW watch. I wish I'd jumped on board sooner :) Or rather, not jumped off when I'd pre-ordered before the release date ;)

Ah the joy of hindsight!
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Snoops
Senior
Senior

Post by Snoops »

Thanks for the replies.

I like the black but the silver shows more detail. Makes the face stand out more. Also you can see more detail on the winder.

I think I am worried about the LE because I saw a thread earlier where the IPK coating had scratched off.

regarding the LE I would have liked for the face of the watch to say LE on it like the kingfisher, but I guess the aim was to make the face not cluttered.

Oh the joys of decision making ;)
CWL - C8 PILOT LE (IPK)
downer

Post by downer »

Snoops wrote:Thanks for the replies.

I like the black but the silver shows more detail. Makes the face stand out more. Also you can see more detail on the winder.

I think I am worried about the LE because I saw a thread earlier where the IPK coating had scratched off.

regarding the LE I would have liked for the face of the watch to say LE on it like the kingfisher, but I guess the aim was to make the face not cluttered.

Oh the joys of decision making ;)
Sounds like you've already made up your mind..... :D :D

In the end it's an easy decision, because there is no wrong answer...they're both great! :lol: :lol:
Richard
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by rcherryuk »

I forgot to take my C8 off last weekend when redoing the conduit for the skybox and surround system cabling.

It was only afterwards I realised there were black streaks everywhere I'd knocked the 'top' back on (I'm a leftie).

You can imagine my panic when I looked at my C8IPK and saw big white streaks all over the top of the case & the crystal :shock: :shock:

10 minutes with a damp cloth and not a mark in sight, however I now have to repaint the lounge :D

So stop worrying already!

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
Snoops
Senior
Senior

Post by Snoops »

If anyones would like to know the serial number on the C8 IPK is number 94. I guess their is no logical handing out of the serial numbers or I may have one that was returned.

Oh and have i mentioned how gorgeous the watch looks? Looking forward to an automatic c1 russell (hee hee hee)
CWL - C8 PILOT LE (IPK)
Snoops
Senior
Senior

Post by Snoops »

I finally made up my mind. I'm keeping the LE. It was the hardest 2 days of my life ;) The other half does not want to hear about watches unless i'm buying her one (CWL of course)!

I must mention the customer service I received, especially from Wera was second to none. All my emails were replied too without delay and I really felt like a valued customer. A big THANK YOU from me.

Prior to visiting Christopher Wards website I was looking at IWC, Breitlings, Longines, Stowa (b.t.w Never got a reply to my last email from them) and those watches were great but none felt 'as special' as the watch purchased. Why? Simply because with the watch came with a sense of community and the feeling that one was simply not a customer but a valued customer, in a strange way part of a growing family.

I have seen on this forum postings of how people are able to speak directky to Chris, Wera etc and make changes or suggestions for watches/features the majority of us would like (brushed clasps on the c8 for one). I doubt this happens with any other watch manufacturer unless you part of management or an extremely wealthy individual.

My view on the C8 pilot is that it is a well made timepiece. The style is classic pilot but with a fresh face inline with modern times.

For me the weight and the size are perfect. Any smaller and I just dont think it would have the presence the watch brings with it. Classy in style without being too conservative, with a little streak of 'make way for the new boy in town'.

If I really had to criticise the C8 what would I change?

1) I would make the silver around the date matt
2) I would have made the time hands a little wider

For me thats it.

I really like the dial in the middle of the watch (the 24hr time) and one idea would be to keep it 12hr and have a little red GMT hand ;)

Finally I really like the watch and as mentioned elsewhere on this or another forum it feels and looks alot more than the price I paid.

For those interested I set the watch to my radio controlled Citizen and so far after 36 hours its about 2 seconds slow, and I have not worn it yet as I had to send one back.

I very happy bunny :D
CWL - C8 PILOT LE (IPK)
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Excellent! Always good to hear of a happy bunny!
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
downer

Post by downer »

Snoops wrote: If I really had to criticise the C8 what would I change?

I am also really happy with my C8 LE, but I have to agree with both of these 'improvement opportunities"..

By the way, mine also keeps excellent time. Far more accurate than my C5 Aviator, which seems to gain a couple of minutes per day at the moment..
Richard
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by rcherryuk »

Snoops wrote:
If I really had to criticise the C8 what would I change?

For me thats it.
Good Choice, I agree with your changes and would add one more:

I'd like the datewheel on the LE to be white on black, instead of the current setup, the other way round.

I also like the idea of a C8 GMT, Unka Chris are you reading this?

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
MorrisOx
Guru
Guru

Post by MorrisOx »

I think the one change I'd make is much more obvious anti-reflective coating. A blue sheen across the glass would add some depth to a printed face.
C5 Malvern Aviator LE
C8 Pilot Mk1 004
C3 Malvern Chrono
C4 Peregrine 'Phoenix'
Eterna Airforce
Steinhart Nav B Chrono II
Steinhart Ocean One GMT
Bulova Moonwatch
Marloe Coniston Bluebird
Steinhart Nav B-Uhr
Longines Master Chrono Moonphase