Quartz and Auto Watches

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
kevin_b1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Quartz and Auto Watches

Post by kevin_b1 »

I currently have both the C3 MK1 and C5 MK1, now I am only one of a few no doubt who actually prefer to have a quartz watch rather than an automatic as I like to pick and choose my watches I wear from my box when the mood takes me. I have several automatics and if I choose one of them I have to re-set it before wearing not a big issue I know but prefer not to have to do that.

So now for my question I can see there is a Quartz MK2 version of the C5 was there ever a MK2 quartz version of the C3 and other than the change to the face was there any changes to the movement from the MK1 to the MK2?

Is my assumption correct that all of the new CW watches are auto?

Edit: Just answered my own question by looking on the web site I had not realised you could filter by movement, look and thou shall find the answers :oops:

Regards

Kevin
IWC Mark XVII
Rolex Oyster Datejust Perpetual (1971)
Rolex Precision 9ct gold (1962)
Rotary Les Originales
Rotary Tank
C9 5 day Chromometer
C1 Russell
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Re: Quartz and Auto Watches

Post by MiniMpi »

Hi Kevin,

The C3 in both MK1 & MK2 have always being quartz.
The changes were going from 38mm to 39mm and a different dial and 18" strap size on the MK2 compared to 20" strap size on the MK1. I believe the quartz movement is different too but not 100%.

Hope this helps.
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by akirk »

some answers:

- use a winder to have autos ready instantly - I do, no issues...
- all C3 watches are quartz whether MKI or MKII
http://www.watchroll.com/watch.php?WMID=11
http://www.watchroll.com/watch.php?WMID=100
- They have the same movement inside
- The face is changed - MK1 is a stepped face with recessed dials, MKII is a flush face
- strap and case changed MK1 40mm case / 20mm strap - MKII 39mm case / 18mm strap
- No, CWL make new watches as Quartz and Auto - the C7 range for example is quartz (e.g. the Bluebird / Rapide etc.) and very nice - as is the seriously expensive limited edition Aston Martin watch coming soon

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
teestech
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by teestech »

kevin_b1 wrote:Is my assumption correct that all of the new CW watches are auto?
Hi Kevin

As Alasdair says, CW make a selection of both auto and quartz models. Whilst you're right that a lot of people do prefer the engineering marvel that is an automatic or hand wind watch, there's still plenty of us who can see the beauty in the design of the quartz models too. Pick up and go from the watch box is an obvious advantage, but you'd be surprised how much enjoyment you can get from a few seconds spent winding and setting your mechanical watch as you put it on.
Chr Ward • Rolex • Oris • Magrette • Orient • Helgray • Citizen • CWC • Momentum • Suunto • Rotary • Majex • Yema
Handwound: 2 • Automatic: 15 • Quartz: 6
Richard B
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Richard B »

kevin_b1 wrote: Is my assumption correct that all of the new CW watches are auto?
http://youtu.be/I4qh_9vH1Ww

:D
So I wish I was James Bond, just for the day.
Kissing all the girls, blow the bad guys away.