Pre-ordered C61 yesterday

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
eyewatch
Junior
Junior

Pre-ordered C61 yesterday

Post by eyewatch »

I pre-ordered my C61 yesterday having been waiting for the opportunity like many for several months now. Normally, I am a big fan of Nato straps but given that I ordered the black/black bezel it seemed that I should really go for the classic look of the watch on a bracelet. I was a little concerned reading several posts regarding the diver's extension and the problems some members have had with it. However, thanks to Alasdair's post regarding a different end link being available to use when the extension is removed, I contacted customer services who told me that this could be done as part of their re-sizing service.

This means that I have now ordered the classic combo and now all I need to do is wait for September. Who knows some of my other watches may return to their bracelets in time.

Steve
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Pre-ordered C61 yesterday

Post by akirk »

Congratulations, I won't order one as i prefer the bigger size, but think it is a great watch & opportunity for those who find the C60 too big...

As so often, where there are doubts, contacting CWL seems to provide the solution!

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Well done and Congratulations in advance :)
spacebrother
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by spacebrother »

Congrats, let us know how it goes and what you think of it when it arrives

Sent from my HTC One X
Own:
Rolex GMT Master II Pepsi | CW C60 | Tissot V8 | Steinhart Apollon | Casio G-Shock 7900 Baywatch Red |
eyewatch
Junior
Junior

Post by eyewatch »

Yes, I will of course let everyone know when it arrives and what I think. I have never been disappointed with a CWL watch before and judging by the success of the C60 I have no worries about the C61.

I am looking forward to the size, as the last 38mm watch that I wore on a regular basis was many years ago, in fact it was a Seiko that I received when I bought a 10th anniversary MX-5 (cars gone unfortunately but my wife and I still have the watches). I will be going back to this size watch on a regular basis as my plan is that the C61 will be my everyday watch now until I retire in a few years time. Perhaps on my retirement I will mark time with something else, maybe an Omega Speedmaster but i will have to start saving now!

Steve
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by tempusmaximus »

congratulations on your order of the c61 im sure you will like it very much :thumbup:
Bernie
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

I've also placed my order.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

asqwerth wrote:I've also placed my order.
I shall be most interested in a review from you. The female perspective, relative to size and style, should make a nice read. :D
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I am thinking about it, on the grounds that they won't run away. I might wait for either the mech C3 or the slim C5, but never say never! :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Fnew
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Fnew »

Congrats on the order. I can't wait to see some pics of that watch actually on a wrist.
Fred

C60 COSC, Orient Mako XL, Raymond Weil Traditions Auto, Daniel JeanRichard Grand TV, Vintage Omega Seamaster, Baume & Mercier Riveria Auto, Citizen Eco Drive, 121 Time Custom Chrono, Invicta Speedway, vintage Seiko Business A, the one I built
pcal
Senior
Senior

Post by pcal »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:I might wait for either the mech C3 or the slim C5, but never say never! :D
Are those confirmed? Mech C3 (or just a smaller non-sporty chrono) would be good.