Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Chris_G
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Peregrine issue?...

Post by Chris_G »

I think there may be something not quire right with my Peregrine :(

When adjusting the time I unscrew the crown and pop it out. The second hand stops and I rotate the hands to the correct position, all fine so far: however, when I push the crown back in, the watch doesn't start ticking straight away and will only do so when I begin to screw the crown in. It's as if the crown is not seating quite far enough in to re-engage without going onto it's thread. Hope that makes sense! Can anyone confirm that this is not as it should be? It's certainly not like any other watches I have but just wanted to check before I contact CW.

Chris
FDS19
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 2

Re: Peregrine issue?...

Post by FDS19 »

Hi Chris,

I had pretty much the same issue with my "new/old" C4 last month. All's well when I change the time, but when I pushed the crown back in the hands would move (as if I'd been clumsy). Never seen this with any of my other watches...even though I'm probably quite clumsy!

I stopped by at Park Street a couple of weeks ago and it started working again. Argh!

Good luck, but you may have to send it in...
FDS19
FDS19

* C65 Trident Vintage
* C60 Trident Mk 3 40mm Blue
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

Chris_G wrote:I think there may be something not quire right with my Peregrine :(

When adjusting the time I unscrew the crown and pop it out. The second hand stops and I rotate the hands to the correct position, all fine so far: however, when I push the crown back in, the watch doesn't start ticking straight away and will only do so when I begin to screw the crown in. It's as if the crown is not seating quite far enough in to re-engage without going onto it's thread. Hope that makes sense! Can anyone confirm that this is not as it should be? It's certainly not like any other watches I have but just wanted to check before I contact CW.

Chris
I'm no help at all as I can't remember but I have an Eterna / eta quartz which does the same thing. I know because I noticed it recently so it wouldn't surprise me if other screw down quartz did the same. What does the manual say?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Chris_G
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Chris_G »

The manual doesn't seem to help.... :ka:

I've emailed Wera now so we'll see what she says...
Chris_G
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Chris_G »

Just to update this thread, after contacting CW about the issue, I had it sent back and they confirmed that it had a faulty crown. It was replaced under warranty and I have received it back today working as it should :thumbup:
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by tempusmaximus »

^^^^Great news , happy everything turned out well .
Bernie
Simmo
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by Simmo »

Glad i came across this thread mine seems to have the same problem!

Have to take it with me on my next visit to HQ.