Here is what I do when a new CW arrives:
1. Ensure that I open the door to the delivery driver, before they ring the bell and before any ring alerts Mrs nbg.
2. If step 1 fails, I casually take the parcel, take a seat in the lounge, with parcel stood on end next to me. The excellent shaped packaging gives the appearance that I have just taken delivery of a bottle of port or whisky and that I will put it away, once I have finished what I am doing.
3. When the coast is clear, after either 1 or 2, proceed to spare room. Open box, remove watch (hopefully it was carefully secured, but if not mutter WTF, how difficult is it to secure the watch). Check that it is the correct watch and that bracelet/strap is correctly secured to the watch head.
4. Check that watch works and has no scratches.
5. Carefully, but easily and without drama, unstick guarantee card and ensure it relates to the watch.
6. Take a few pics of watch and paperwork.
7. Fold COSC cert to fit in box.
8. Put watch on desk to blend in with any others that are already sat there.
9. Put everything, except watch, back in box.
10. Find space under desk for box.
11. Job done, return to posting nonsense on internet.
12. Marvel about how good it is that CW watch boxes don’t look like watch boxes.