Packaging pet hate (rant!)

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Packaging pet hate (rant!)

Post by Robotaz »

Lavaine wrote:The glue down card is terrible. I had to take mine off the paperwork it's attached to to get info for a warranty return. Now it won't stick back on and is it a higher risk of loss. How about a card pocket for it instead of glue?
You just set it in the box and close it.

I have to admit this thread just seems bizarre to me. I don’t get it at all.
Renton
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 150

Post by Renton »

I was a bit scared to revisit this thread for fear that it was just me, but I'm glad there are some in agreement! :lol:
Robotaz wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:30 am
Lavaine wrote:The glue down card is terrible. I had to take mine off the paperwork it's attached to to get info for a warranty return. Now it won't stick back on and is it a higher risk of loss. How about a card pocket for it instead of glue?
You just set it in the box and close it.

I have to admit this thread just seems bizarre to me. I don’t get it at all.
I guess that's exactly what CW assumed people would do when they designed the packaging. But for me, if my warranty card arrives in a 'presentation folder' then that's where it should live. But it's effectively a one-time-use item.

A couple of slots punched (not cut as that would cause tears) into the card might improve things.

One even more simple solution would be for CW to continue what they're doing, but just stick the card on with info facing out instead of in :ka:
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ You do have a pretty reasonable point Renton.

Its great for the initial buyer to get a well presented item, with 60:60 facing them.

I generally carefully peel the 60:60 Card off to avoid tearing the card underneath but there is then the 'where do I put the Warranty Card?' dilemma after.

Maybe two carefully cut, with a craft knife, slits in the Card to enable you to slot the 60:60 Card in would be a solution.

As for the COSC Certificate, its hard for CW to design a watch box around an item that they do not have control over, size wise, and is only used on a minority (?) of the watches they sell.

To place it, as they do, in the bottom of the outer box before then placing the coffin box in, seems a reasonable compromise.

Guy

Sent from my XPERIA 5 III using Tapatalk

To see the World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour - William Blake

Sundial
exHowfener
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

Am I missing something? Why don't they just stick the card on the other way round?

Or is peeling the card off part of the (lost on me) "unboxing experience"?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
iain
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by iain »

The glue actually serves a very useful dual purpose, not only does it keep the warranty card in place, if you roll it between your fingers you can convince your child it’s something you’ve just found up your nose. Then you can threaten to wipe it on them if they tell their mum about your new parcel that’s just arrived.

It’s packaging genius and I can’t believe you’ve all missed this.
These users thanked the author iain for the post (total 7):
straplineBahnstormer_vRSsuicidal_orangegannetChris375Thegreymanbrash47
“Watch Enabling Parenting Genius”
Dickchins, March 22
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

iain wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:13 pm The glue actually serves a very useful dual purpose, not only does it keep the warranty card in place, if you roll it between your fingers you can convince your child it’s something you’ve just found up your nose. Then you can threaten to wipe it on them if they tell their mum about your new parcel that’s just arrived.

Your standing on this forum should be changed to "Watch Enabling Parenting Genius" immediately.

You rock sir :god: :dielaughing:
These users thanked the author Dickchins for the post (total 2):
iainjkbarnes
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

I get the point and it has annoyed me slightly in the past. When your new watch arrives, you do want to check that the warranty card is correct and in order. Once you have peeled it off, it is then just loose. As a few have said, the simple solution would seem to be to stick it on with the details facing forward.
Patrick

C60 FLE Scooter Blue, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife)

Some others + a few on the way
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

The warranty card. You can peel it off carefully, take a photo, and stick it back on without any problem at all.
brash47
Expert
Expert

Post by brash47 »

I can't possibly imagine how the OP loses their mind when it's time to unwrap the plastic from the bracelet clasp....

Careful with new appliances as well. This is a fun thread.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

I got my cosc green ombre c60 today. Here's what I would improve

Make the box smaller and compact

Make the cosc certificate actually fit in the actual box rather than outside the box!

They took the effort to set the date on the watch but why not set the time as well? A bit sloppy here

This was my 24th CW watch so I'm not being massivrly critical, I love my watches (and the people here who have healed me in my bad times) and I think owning all my CW watches means I like watches :-)
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

It’s not like CW makes COSC certificates and can simply make their own to fit in their box the way people want.

This isn’t a rant thread. It’s a group meltdown. Doesn’t even make any sense.
iain
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by iain »

Dickchins wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:37 pm
iain wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:13 pm The glue actually serves a very useful dual purpose, not only does it keep the warranty card in place, if you roll it between your fingers you can convince your child it’s something you’ve just found up your nose. Then you can threaten to wipe it on them if they tell their mum about your new parcel that’s just arrived.

Your standing on this forum should be changed to "Watch Enabling Parenting Genius" immediately.

Thank you very much for bestowing such an honour. Seeing as you’ve suggested it then it would be rude not to add as my signature. I’ve even referenced you as the source of the quote and hyperlinked to your post to give full credit. See below.
“Watch Enabling Parenting Genius”
Dickchins, March 22
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 13

Post by nbg »

Here is what I do when a new CW arrives:

1. Ensure that I open the door to the delivery driver, before they ring the bell and before any ring alerts Mrs nbg.

2. If step 1 fails, I casually take the parcel, take a seat in the lounge, with parcel stood on end next to me. The excellent shaped packaging gives the appearance that I have just taken delivery of a bottle of port or whisky and that I will put it away, once I have finished what I am doing.

3. When the coast is clear, after either 1 or 2, proceed to spare room. Open box, remove watch (hopefully it was carefully secured, but if not mutter WTF, how difficult is it to secure the watch). Check that it is the correct watch and that bracelet/strap is correctly secured to the watch head.

4. Check that watch works and has no scratches.

5. Carefully, but easily and without drama, unstick guarantee card and ensure it relates to the watch.

6. Take a few pics of watch and paperwork.

7. Fold COSC cert to fit in box.

8. Put watch on desk to blend in with any others that are already sat there.

9. Put everything, except watch, back in box.

10. Find space under desk for box.

11. Job done, return to posting nonsense on internet.

12. Marvel about how good it is that CW watch boxes don’t look like watch boxes.

Simples. :)

Neil
These users thanked the author nbg for the post (total 4):
iainBahnstormer_vRSrkovarsJasperCat
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

iain wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:16 am
Dickchins wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:37 pm

Thank you very much for bestowing such an honour. Seeing as you’ve suggested it then it would be rude not to add as my signature. I’ve even referenced you as the source of the quote and hyperlinked to your post to give full credit. See below.
Well thats made my day :lol: :clap:
These users thanked the author Dickchins for the post:
iain