LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Our Reference Gallery

Post by Kip »

Our Reference Gallery

As a collector I have found that getting information on older watches to be very difficult at times. The historical significance is lost on many and only comes forth when they can’t find information when they want or need it. This information can be used to establish both identification, age, and approximate value.

How does one find it? There are some books out there, both current and out of print relating to several of the major manufactures both past and present. Of course, we have the internet, but the information is rarely all in one place.

Almost 10 years ago, this forum decided to have a “Reference Gallery” to provide a pictorial history of CW models for future buyers and collectors. Evolving from this came the CWArchives. The Reference Gallery is a very important part of the CWArchives in that the CWArchives provides real world photos via a link to the CW Forum. These can be far more helpful than stock website photos. We are not looking for “artsy” shots, just real world.

The Admin Team has spent the past few months reviewing the entire Reference Gallery. Due to issues with Photobucket, which we originally recommended, Flicker, who deletes inactive and older formats, Postimage, who puts there name on things, and Tapatalk, who upgraded their software and did not grandfather old photos, these issues along with members who use other methods of hosting such as Google and Tiny pic which doesn’t always stay for long, we had a tremendous amount of photos that needed to be corrected and/or deleted.

The next biggest issue, aside form blurred, blocked and missing photos, was the lack of model code numbers. We have always requested that this be done. It is stated in the guidelines. We hope that you will start doing this on a regular basis now. If you have changed the strap/bracelet in your photo to a nonstandard variation, simply replace the strap code with X or XX if needed.

We hope that this project will now make it easier for anyone to identify any model and get a true look at a model in the wild.

We truly appreciate and thank all those that have posted in the Reference Gallery. However, we still need more photos. The list of needs is shown here. It is also posted as a Sticky in the Gallery and General Discussion. If you have any of these, a posting would be appreciated…and please, please, please remember the code number. If you don’t know it or can’t find it, let the Admin Team know and we will enter the code.

Thanks to all who have made entries over the years. You just don't know how many you may have helped. :clap:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: Our Reference Gallery

Post by jkbarnes »

Should we go back and edit the strap code number to add XX if we’ve swapped out what the watch was originally on for a posted pic? It’s easy enough for me, as I’ve added reference pics for only two watches.
Andrew
“I can't stand it to think my life is going so fast and I'm not really living it.”

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
Or follow my photography on Instagram @jkbarnesphotos
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Thank you but, as of today, I have made all the required edits, so the answer is no. Only moving forward.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 21

Post by MiniMpi »

Hi Kip,

Your link to the latest list for updating in your post doesn't work.

"The list of needs is shown here."
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 5

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

MiniMpi wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:53 am Hi Kip,

Your link to the latest list for updating in your post doesn't work.

"The list of needs is shown here."
Try this, Ferg...

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=39997

EDIT: The link is also now fixed in Kip’s post.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 21

Post by MiniMpi »

Thanks Steve !
gannet
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

Just added some, rotation all up the spout though :( no time to sort right now...
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition