OK, a picture of me wearing my C700

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

OK, a picture of me wearing my C700

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Yes, other than my Avatar, this is the first pick to be posted since I got it, showing the form fitted leather strap. I shouldn't complain about the shoulders of this strap because I think they actually make it look like the watch fits better. What do you think?

And yes, by the way, I play the Piano. Any other musicians out there?

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 3

Re: OK, a picture of me wearing my C700

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Classical guitar and saxophone, both rather badly! The C700 looks good against the piano...must try a gold watch against the sax! :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:Classical guitar and saxophone, both rather badly! The C700 looks good against the piano...must try a gold watch against the sax! :thumbup:
Glad to know. Right now I'm working on some Enya tunes. Why Enya? I love her use of chord arrangements. Basically easy to follow but I can't sing but I try and duplicate the melody on the keys. Here stuff is actually good practice.

Russ
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Aifo »

Lovely piece, my voted 2011 CWL watch of the year, and definitively a bracelet watch so please post when yours arrive (fingers xx for the smooth delivery this time :thumbup: )

Just for discussion sake, I would like to see some variations to the case finishing on the C700, brushed, PVD black/rose gold, or even DLC if cost allows. Just my personal taste as I always think the original polish case is bit too shinny, well maybe the bracelet look would change my view :o

Very nice watch all in all :clap:
Incoming: 0
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Nice picture Russ. Looks good on you. :)
Richard
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

Very nice Russ, strap looks good.

As my forum name suggests, I play the clarinet as well as the saxophone and guitar. I have a degree in music and worked with an orchestra in Scotland in a previous life. I say previous as I now work in construction but that is another story!
GordyS
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by GordyS »

Very very nice watch & good photo too. On the music front, piano guitar & clarinet for me, all very badly!
Cheers
GordyS
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by f1colin »

Looks great and I am a big fan of this one - have suggested a version with subtle colours on the second hand / sub dials and / or a COSC to elevate it further but definitely my next CW (missed the NN on silicon at £560 ish)
f1colin

Rolex Sub, Oyster, Daytona
Tudor Black Bay, Big Block
Omega Dynamic, Speed, Speed 2, Speed 4.5, SM300
Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

I like the curved shoulders on the strap Russ. It would have been a bit of a let down if the C700 had been released with straight shoulders. The pictures Kip has shown of it on the new bracelet show that this piece really pops on a bracelet. I wonder- will you change the bracelet over to the strap on occasion? I have two straps on my Fortis and thought I would change them over depending on what I was wearing but it has been easier to just change watches!
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

Looks good, good size on you, and I think the strap suits it well. I'll have to take some pics of watches over my piano keyboard, after I've blown the dust off it.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

jmarchitect wrote:I like the curved shoulders on the strap Russ. It would have been a bit of a let down if the C700 had been released with straight shoulders. The pictures Kip has shown of it on the new bracelet show that this piece really pops on a bracelet. I wonder- will you change the bracelet over to the strap on occasion? I have two straps on my Fortis and thought I would change them over depending on what I was wearing but it has been easier to just change watches!
Will I change back to the strap? Most definitely, when I get tired of the bracelet. Now about the shoulders: Don't get me wrong, it's a design like I've never seen before and I think it's grand. I'm getting use to it but my wrists are just a little on the small side for a 42mm watch case and I'm getting use to that as well. Yes, I'll keep the strap to use again. It's too nice of a strap to think life is over for it. I'm also looking for a 22mm tan Alligator strap and CW doesn't make one to fit the 700. I may have to go aftermarket for one but not in a rush to do so. For now, I'm awaiting the bracelet to arrive and I think my watch will be dawning that baby for a good while. I had a Jeweler give me a very nice complement over this watch and he mentioned the strap. He said he didn't have anything quite this nice for sale. Most of his watches were quartz and nothing had a strap with fitted shoulders.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

atnits wrote:Looks good, good size on you, and I think the strap suits it well. I'll have to take some pics of watches over my piano keyboard, after I've blown the dust off it.
Another piano player, nice to meet you. Thanks for the complement and I agree since I can see myself differently through your eyes. Thanks. I'll have to change my avatar to show my keyboard in the background. By the way, a year ago I purchase a digital piano with a "weighted" keyboard action and a full 88 keys. Huge difference over the typical organ-like touch from earlier DP's. It feels every bit like the hammer action you get with an acoustic. It works you harder and you get a great practice session out of it. I have an acoustic and it's always somewhat out of tune. I quit playing it. A digital sounds so good and what they are making with today's advance recorded sounding technology to duplicate the sound of a grand is utterly fantastic and utterly cheap in comparison. This is getting to be "off topic" so I'll stop here.

Russ
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by Loddonite »

I'm not that musical, but I can play the radio. :?
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 149
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I used to play, now don't laugh to hard, the accordian. Then I graduated to guitar and drums. Haven't touched anything in over 30 years.

I have always thought I might take up the piano, but just never have enough time.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Kip wrote:I used to play, now don't laugh to hard, the accordian. Then I graduated to guitar and drums. Haven't touched anything in over 30 years.

I have always thought I might take up the piano, but just never have enough time.
You never find time looking for it. You have to "take" the time. But you have to have a piano. I bought a Casio PX 130 for less than $500. It feels, sounds and plays like an acoustic. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E90JGRa ... re=related