Discuss Christopher Ward watches
shrink
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: OK, a picture of me wearing my C700

Post by shrink »

i like it... i like the form fitting strap too

i still maintain that it needs some colour though. I find the subdials all blend in a little too much and are harder to read.

I'd like to see some tag carrera / longines grande vitesse styling cues, with some red thrown in there

Who watches the watch-men
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Russ-Shettle »

I like the TAG but I chose the C700 over it and not just because of price differences. I don't care what a watch costs. If it doesn't blow up my skirt for a thrill, forget it...... :lol:
CWS
Junior
Junior

Post by CWS »

shrink wrote:Image
Funny... my colleague wears that exact watch - which is lovely... but in my view looks juvenile juxtaposed to my C700 IRL (also a bit skimpy ;).

I reckon that's what really makes the C700 tick for me, it's sporty and masculine - yet also subtly dignified contrary to all the colourful screamers that are seen in abundance. That said I had looked at the Carreras myself... before I found the C700.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

I like the Carera but I was mainly looking at the "Link" Chrono's by Tag, and comparing it to the C700. Price was an issue as well and other Chrono's that Tag sells uses the standard 7750's yet their price tag was much higher than the C700 with an elabor. From that standpoint and overall appearance, I like the face design and high polish of the C700 better. It was a no brainer to choose the C700 over the Tag. I decide I wasn't getting a better watch with Tag, only a name at a higher price.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Loddonite wrote:I'm not that musical, but I can play the radio. :?
Yo! :thumbup: