Not getting 56 hours with C63 GMT

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Not getting 56 hours with C63 GMT

Post by Bident »

I've had my green C63 GMT for about three weeks now. I've tested the power reserve four different times, twice winding the watch fully and letting it run, and twice after wearing the watch all day and then letting it run. In all cases the watch lasted approximately 48 hours, rather than the stated 56. Not really a big deal given that I wear a different watch each day, but I decided I would send it back to CW for inspection and repair.

Anyone else test their power reserve for the new SW330-2? Funny enough, my other three GMT watches have the older movements with a stated 42 hour power reserve, and they each exceed 50 hours anyway.

I'll be taking the Sealander with me to Spain for the next 10 days on vacation with my wife and two kids (big kids, 19 and 17). Will then send it back to CW. I'll probably be too lazy to check the forum and post photos, so I hope everyone has a great next two weeks.

Cheers!
These users thanked the author Bident for the post:
Thunder1
Best regards,
John
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Not getting 56 hours with C63 GMT

Post by jkbarnes »

Bident wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:53 pm I'll be taking the Sealander with me to Spain for the next 10 days on vacation with my wife and two kids (big kids, 19 and 17). Will then send it back to CW. I'll probably be too lazy to check the forum and post photos, so I hope everyone has a great next two weeks.

Cheers!
Safe travels, John! 🇪🇸
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post:
Bident
Andrew
“The first draft of anything is sh*t.” ~ Ernest Hemingway

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AMGT LE

Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Bident wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:53 pm I've had my green C63 GMT for about three weeks now. I've tested the power reserve four different times, twice winding the watch fully and letting it run, and twice after wearing the watch all day and then letting it run. In all cases the watch lasted approximately 48 hours, rather than the stated 56. Not really a big deal given that I wear a different watch each day, but I decided I would send it back to CW for inspection and repair.

Anyone else test their power reserve for the new SW330-2? Funny enough, my other three GMT watches have the older movements with a stated 42 hour power reserve, and they each exceed 50 hours anyway.

I'll be taking the Sealander with me to Spain for the next 10 days on vacation with my wife and two kids (big kids, 19 and 17). Will then send it back to CW. I'll probably be too lazy to check the forum and post photos, so I hope everyone has a great next two weeks.

Cheers!
Personally, I'd be happy with 48hours.
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post:
Bident
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

JAFO wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:40 pm Personally, I'd be happy with 48hours.
I did mull it over a few times, but my thought was it might be indicative of some other problem that might manifest later down the road.
Best regards,
John
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Bident wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:12 pm
I did mull it over a few times, but my thought was it might be indicative of some other problem that might manifest later down the road.
If the stated spec is 56 hours, I’d be disappointed and want to send it back if it was off by more than 14%. That’s not an insignificant number even if from a practical sense it’s not that big a deal. And as you point out, it could be indicative of other issues, although that’s secondary in my mind.
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post:
Bident
Andrew

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AMGT LE

ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by ajax87 »

Have a good trip, John!!!

I haven’t checked the PR on my C63 GMT. I’ve been wearing it nearly every day, and when I don’t, I keep it on a winder. Plus, I’m loving it so much, I don’t want to take it off for more than 2 whole days! But I am curious so I think I will go ahead and check mine too. I’d be sending mine in as well. Might as well make sure it is 100% now while the warranty is in effect.

I do check accuracy though. Mine arrived and ran about +12spd for the first few days. No biggie, still within spec. But the last couple weeks it has settled into about +1 to +2spd.

Did I mention I love it? Glad you’re enjoying yours!
These users thanked the author ajax87 for the post:
Bident
Alex
C5A Mk1|C60 Sapphire, Abyss|C65 SC, 316L LE|C63 Auto, GMT|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster mk40|Speedmaster racing|Hamilton Intramatic chrono|Shinola Runwell auto|Tissot|Timex|RZE Endeavor
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Bident wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:53 pm . . . . . . .

. . . . ..
Not yet.

As a rule I never bother testing the PR on any of my watches, but this thread gives me the opportunity to roll out my C60 Abyss GMT V2, powered by the SW330-2.

I'll wear it tomorrow and Thursday which should be ample to ensure it gets fully wound (I'm not into hand winding automatic watches) and set it to run down from there.

Guy

PS> Enjoy your holiday.
These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post:
Bident
To see the World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour - William Blake

Sundial
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:20 pm
Not yet.

As a rule I never bother testing the PR on any of my watches, but this thread gives me the opportunity to roll out my C60 Abyss GMT V2, powered by the SW330-2.

I'll wear it tomorrow and Thursday which should be ample to ensure it gets fully wound (I'm not into hand winding automatic watches) and set it to run down from there.

Guy

PS> Enjoy your holiday.
Thanks on all fronts, Guy.
Bahnstormer_vRS
Best regards,
John
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

ajax87 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:18 pm Have a good trip, John!!!

I haven’t checked the PR on my C63 GMT. I’ve been wearing it nearly every day, and when I don’t, I keep it on a winder. Plus, I’m loving it so much, I don’t want to take it off for more than 2 whole days! But I am curious so I think I will go ahead and check mine too. I’d be sending mine in as well. Might as well make sure it is 100% now while the warranty is in effect.

I do check accuracy though. Mine arrived and ran about +12spd for the first few days. No biggie, still within spec. But the last couple weeks it has settled into about +1 to +2spd.

Did I mention I love it? Glad you’re enjoying yours!
Thanks, Alex! I love mine as well, and am looking forward to wearing it as my one watch for vacation. Mine was running about +8spd and is now about +3spd. I've usually enjoyed good accuracy with these movements, but I did regulate my Glycine Airman (SW330-1) which was -15spd.
ajax87
Best regards,
John
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 3

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I’ve had my GMT for nearly a year and I don’t think I have ever monitored how long it took to run down. Normally I wear the same watch for several days, or even a couple of weeks if I’m on holiday, and when I change to another watch I just put it back in the box and let it go to sleep.
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post:
Bident
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
thomcat00
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by thomcat00 »

One of my watches has an automatic SW-200 COSC movement and though accurate to 3spd, it did not have the 38 hour reserve it was supposed to exhibit. It was notably short of 24 hours in repeated tests. I contemplated returning it for a checkup. After about 3 months owning it and regular wear it was running for 36-38 hours, close enough for me. I still have it 18 months since new and it is routinely yielding 39-40 hours of reserve.

I gather from other comments watches may take some time to settle in. But that’s usually around accuracy. YMMV
These users thanked the author thomcat00 for the post:
Bident
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I'm up and running with the 56 hours Power Reserve test on my C60 Abyss GMT V_2 with an SW330-2 inside.

Having put it on around 06:30 hrs yesterday morning and worn it through to 20:00hrs this evening, bar overnight in bed, I reckon it should be fully charged.

Now, into Phase 2, to run it down and establish the Power Reserve.

By my reckoning 56 hours will take me through to 04:00 hrs on Sunday morning. We'll see and here goes.

Guy
These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post (total 3):
ajax87MiniMpiBident
To see the World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour - William Blake

Sundial
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

jkbarnes wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:16 pm
Bident wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:12 pm
If the stated spec is 56 hours, I’d be disappointed and want to send it back if it was off by more than 14%. That’s not an insignificant number even if from a practical sense it’s not that big a deal. And as you point out, it could be indicative of other issues, although that’s secondary in my mind.
+1..and have a fine trip!!..
These users thanked the author Thunder1 for the post:
jkbarnes
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
C60 GMT 600/C63 Sealander GMT/2 C65 SH21 LE's/C65 Khaki,Black,Blue dials/C65 Bronze Ombre LE, Dartmouth & GMT/C8 Power Reserve.
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by ajax87 »

I started my test on 7/26 at 10:30pm, and found mine stopped at 6pm 7/28. Only 43.5 hours!

I had worn it the 2 previous days. Kept on winder before that. Not sure if it was fully wound.

I just gave it 80-90 winds, till I started hearing the click indicating it’s fully wound. Will give it another go.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C60 Sapphire, Abyss|C65 SC, 316L LE|C63 Auto, GMT|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster mk40|Speedmaster racing|Hamilton Intramatic chrono|Shinola Runwell auto|Tissot|Timex|RZE Endeavor
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

I’m curious. Is there a spec for power reserve tolerance? Say a stated power reserve if 56 hours means 56 hours +/- a certain amount?
Andrew

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AMGT LE