Newbie a bit worried

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
col

Newbie a bit worried

Post by col »

Hello all, I am new to the forum and haven't yet made my selection or purchase of an CW. All the watches look terrific but and here's the rub, I have a wrist size of 6.7/8" and am very unsure that a 40mm watch would really look stupid on me, anyone got the same wrist measurements and if so which model looks the best? I like them all but am swayed to the C3 because of the diameter. Help please.
Col
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Newbie a bit worried

Post by village »

Hi...welcome!
Don't forget you can try the watch at home and send it back under the 60/60 guarantee if you really don't like what you've ordered.
Other than that i'm afraid i have watches in all sizes...i like a bit of variety...my wrists aren't particularly big (about 20cm diameter) but i'm happy to have a 44mm watch if i like the design....which i definitely do with the C8!!
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Daz »

8)
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

That post's actually quite reassuring to me also Daz. I only just measured my wrist (suspected it was quite thin before hand!) - and it came out at around 17cm. So it's quite comforting to know folk like us can get away with up to 47mm (my regular is 36mm!) :)
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes

Post by paw3001 »

I have around a 7.5" wrist and I perfer at least a 40mm watch. But saying that I do wear watches ranging from 38mm up to 48mm.

The larger watches (>44mm) do look a bit like a pocket watch worn on the wrist and do generally generate comments.

Personally I am most happy within the range of 40-44mm but everyone is different and until you try you don't really know and this is why CW is a good choice with the 60 day guarantee.

As an aside I would like a smaller wrist as I would love to have a Nomos but they are only 35mm which would look ridiculous on my wrist!

Cheers
Paw
Watches - Too many but not enough!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

col wrote:Hello all, I am new to the forum and haven't yet made my selection or purchase of an CW. All the watches look terrific but and here's the rub, I have a wrist size of 6.7/8" and am very unsure that a 40mm watch would really look stupid on me, anyone got the same wrist measurements and if so which model looks the best? I like them all but am swayed to the C3 because of the diameter. Help please.
Col
Hello and Welcome to the "Asylum". You have been given good advice imo so I have nothing to add except we really like newbies around here. Don't be a stranger. Now let me introduce you to some meds and get you scheduled for treatments and you will feel much better about purchasing.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
col

Post by col »

Thank you all for the reassuring advice, I shall now go on the site for another browse at the models to select and place my order.
Regards
Col
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Lamps »

I've got a tiny wrist 6 1/4 i think it is and the my C4 looks fine at 42mm.
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Lamps »

Daz wrote:
col wrote:Hello all, I am new to the forum and haven't yet made my selection or purchase of an CW. All the watches look terrific but and here's the rub, I have a wrist size of 6.7/8" and am very unsure that a 40mm watch would really look stupid on me, anyone got the same wrist measurements and if so which model looks the best? I like them all but am swayed to the C3 because of the diameter. Help please.
Col
Hi Col I have a narrow wrist too, 6 3/4 and I find 42mm is about my ideal size. I wear a C6 all day and everyday for work and find it very comfortable, although for occasional wear ie. a night out down the local I often wear up to 47mm.
I would say try the C3 and you will find it a good fit. Remember large watches are very fashionable at the moment.
Here's a pic of myself wearing a 47mm watch. Welcome to the forum. :)

whats the watch Daz?
col

Post by col »

Well folks I have gone and done it, ordered a C1SKT today, sitting back waiting now and browsing the forum.
Cheers
Col
Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Daz »

:-$
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

col wrote:Well folks I have gone and done it, ordered a C1SKT today, sitting back waiting now and browsing the forum.
Cheers
Col
Excellent choice!! The best looking and most interesting watch in the line IMO. It has stunned a few of us when it arrived. I look forward to your initial impression.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
pentti
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by pentti »

I also have thin wrists but my C3 looks great!

The first time my Girlfriend saw it she said "..looks like you've got Big Ben on your wrist",
but what does she know, I love it!

Not sure what she's gonna say when I order my C7.....
C3 Malvern Chronograph - C3SKS No. 1147
C4 Peregrine Chronograph - C4SST No. 1138
Yoda
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Yoda »

Big Ben is a bell, so tell her she's dropped a clanger!!!
Indigo fugit

Yoda, bringing light to the dark side.