New Watch, Incoming!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ITCSUK
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 3

New Watch, Incoming!

Post by ITCSUK »

Only just joined this forum today to get broarder options as I look for an addition to the CW family. I only went and dived straight in today with an eBay purchase. Fingers crossed for this arriving, C9 Harrison Chrono.

I have a question on polishing out any scratches, sorry if this has been asked 100 times, I did search the forum but could not find anything specific. Q. if I were to send in the watch to CW for a Service do they also offer a re polishing service?

Thanks
C9 Harrison 5 day automatic
C9 Harrison Chrono limited addition
C60 trident pro 600 🔱
C11 Makaira pro 500
Hamilton Jazzmaster Maestro
Gucci 8300 Moon Phase
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Re: New Watch, Incoming!

Post by gaf1958 »

They don’t offer a polishing service, but they will, for a modest fee, re-case the watch - providing of course, that they have that particular casein stock. You can contact customer service directly to check on that.

P.S. a good choice of watch - a classic design, even if not one that’s original to CW.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

ITCSUK wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:57 pm Only just joined this forum today to get broarder options as I look for an addition to the CW family. I only went and dived straight in today with an eBay purchase. Fingers crossed for this arriving, C9 Harrison Chrono.

I have a question on polishing out any scratches, sorry if this has been asked 100 times, I did search the forum but could not find anything specific. Q. if I were to send in the watch to CW for a Service do they also offer a re polishing service?

Thanks
C9 Harrison Chrono, you say? Top notch purchase, my first CW too, back in 2012.

Silver or black dial?

As to your question about CW offering refurbishment / polishing services, the answer is currently; no.

I emphasise currently as this is, as mentioned by Mike France at one of the GTG / CW Events last year, an area they are looking at and, in the long term, would like to offer.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Fat-Sam »

I don’t know this watch itself but a good and trusted watch servicer/repairer would normally be able to refinish and polish a case. I know there is often a dislike of polishing watches but I think people often mistake bad over-polishing with a sympathetic and well done polish and refinish. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to recommend people but I have someone I have used for over 20 years in Hatton garden that I use for my watches as I know I get an honest appraisal. When I have sent watches off to their manufacturers before I have been over-quoted or told watches need more work than I believed they do (Panerai and Omega I’m looking at you!)
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

^^^ You can post that information here.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
ITCSUK
Junior
Junior

Post by ITCSUK »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:08 am
ITCSUK wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:57 pm Only just joined this forum today to get broarder options as I look for an addition to the CW family. I only went and dived straight in today with an eBay purchase. Fingers crossed for this arriving, C9 Harrison Chrono.

Thanks
C9 Harrison Chrono, you say? Top notch purchase, my first CW too, back in 2012.

Silver or black dial?

As to your question about CW offering refurbishment / polishing services, the answer is currently; no.

I emphasise currently as this is, as mentioned by Mike France at one of the GTG / CW Events last year, an area they are looking at and, in the long term, would like to offer.

Guy
Black, I've already got a Rubber strap on order from CW to add to it, hoping they will look good on the wrist.

Untitled.png
Last edited by Bahnstormer_vRS on Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attached photo 'Placed in Line' - https://www.christopherwardforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=55242
C60 trident pro 600 🔱
C11 Makaira pro 500
Gucci 8300 Moon Phase
ITCSUK
Junior
Junior

Post by ITCSUK »

Fat-Sam wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:05 pm I don’t know this watch itself but a good and trusted watch servicer/repairer would normally be able to refinish and polish a case. I know there is often a dislike of polishing watches but I think people often mistake bad over-polishing with a sympathetic and well done polish and refinish. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to recommend people but I have someone I have used for over 20 years in Hatton garden that I use for my watches as I know I get an honest appraisal. When I have sent watches off to their manufacturers before I have been over-quoted or told watches need more work than I believed they do (Panerai and Omega I’m looking at you!)
Thanks, good info, I'm hopping nothing needed as seller says "unmarked" but I haven't set my bar to high, fingers crossed. will post dome photos when it arrrives.
C60 trident pro 600 🔱
C11 Makaira pro 500
Gucci 8300 Moon Phase
ITCSUK
Junior
Junior

Post by ITCSUK »

Finally arrived, No need for a polish the watch is looking great after a general clean, loving it the hue to the black is quit something, love the watch. Limited addition for under £500 I’m a happy bunny. :clap:

BEE9FADF-D8F2-46DC-A452-1E6B76EDBFA1.jpeg
D5DC27C0-F86C-4837-92A6-6E6B312B1D77.jpeg
C28E1E5A-BA3F-472C-BE97-79E0382B17D8.jpeg
Last edited by Bahnstormer_vRS on Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attached photo 'Placed in Line' - https://www.christopherwardforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=55242
C60 trident pro 600 🔱
C11 Makaira pro 500
Gucci 8300 Moon Phase
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Looks in decent nick, that. Good pick up, certainly beats most of the newer designs in my opinion.
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

I agree, that looks great!
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
Davy Crockett
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Davy Crockett »

Quite like that....
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Lovely. Has a definite Portuguese flavour about it.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:59 pm Lovely. Has a definite Portuguese flavour about it.
Any Port in a Storm you mean ... :P
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations :clap:
Great to see some classic CW watches getting some new owners.
Nice to see these again as they have been a bit forgotten perhaps with the vast amount of new models they have recently produced.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

That is a fine looking classic CW, quite rare to see now too, even on the forum.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way