New sales-corner rule

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: New sales-corner rule

Post by akirk »

jw81 wrote:I understand your point. But when you sell through ebay you most likely sell to people you haven't met or know.
So there is no trust that's why men created paypal.:-) For safe payments/purchase.

Your opinion about a forum i fully support. I will try to be more active on the forum. From own experience, i know,that nothing can be as annoying as posting bs posts to get a quota. I will do my best. And till then hope to score a CW on ebay.
ebay does have the feedback system - it is a method of understanding the seller / buyer, and you can exclude buyers under a certain number / neg feedback etc. - plus ebay do a certain amount of validation around payment / address / etc. - so there is more understanding from that perspective than on an anonymous forum where I could post from the UK, but be living anywhere in the world...

besides - it is fun to join in :)

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
jw81
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by jw81 »

:-) you just confinced me...
Now on my way to the 30 lol.
stu361g

Post by stu361g »

sounds like a good idea!
drgoretex
Junior
Junior

Post by drgoretex »

30-post rule seems sensible enough. Waiting a while only gives me time to save a bit...

Ken
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

drgoretex wrote:30-post rule seems sensible enough. Waiting a while only gives me time to save a bit...

Ken
A few contributions (posts) to the forum and you'll be there in a week or so.

Mind you the 'sales forum' should carry a health warning to the state of one's bank account.

Guy
To see the World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour - William Blake

Sundial
Mvblah

Post by Mvblah »

:thumbdown to the 30 post rule: I am the owner of 2 Christopher Ward watches. I would like to sell these 2 watches in order to fund another CW. Not going to sit here and make 29 additional posts (not my cup of tea) just for the sake of selling the watches. I'll post for sale elsewhere. Just voicing my opinion. That is all.
poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by poppydoodlesdad »

Noted, if a bit pointless. Why not just join in? You might even like it!

Sent from my GuyPhone using ****
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Some watches
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Mvblah wrote::thumbdown to the 30 post rule: I am the owner of 2 Christopher Ward watches. I would like to sell these 2 watches in order to fund another CW. Not going to sit here and make 29 additional posts (not my cup of tea) just for the sake of selling the watches. I'll post for sale elsewhere. Just voicing my opinion. That is all.
And your opinion is duly noted. May I suggest Ebay, as CW watches seem to command good prices there.
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by Viognier »

Mvblah wrote:: I would like to sell these 2 watches in order to fund another CW. Not going to sit here and make 29 additional posts (not my cup of tea) just for the sake of selling the watches.
May I suggest you may want to make the forum and spending some time here "your cup of tea"

.....WUS, TZ and eBay are chock a block full of scams and takes you a good while to navigate the honest people. Read about the horror stories about legit watches being swapped out with replicas and then claimed back via eBay as fakes ....or rocks sent in watch boxes to match the weight and sellers disappearing.

I happily purchase my watches from know sellers who I interact with here.

Just my opinion based on experience.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by Viognier »

Also, please note the forum rules which were agreed upon when you signed up......just voicing my opinion.

http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... 67&t=26823
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

I note the poster registered 6 months ago. If he'd just joined in a few threads once a week ....
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15
Nomos Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

Mvblah wrote::thumbdown to the 30 post rule: I am the owner of 2 Christopher Ward watches. I would like to sell these 2 watches in order to fund another CW. Not going to sit here and make 29 additional posts (not my cup of tea) just for the sake of selling the watches. I'll post for sale elsewhere. Just voicing my opinion. That is all.

Blah blah blah blah blah

Another useful contribution.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Macca

Post by Macca »

rcherryuk wrote:
rogerbarr wrote:This seems harsh. I am starting to collect the C70 series and will find it hard to post 30. I want to post about wanting to buy rather than to sell. Would spammers want to buy?

Roger
Roger,

The sales corner is a benefit, a perk if you will, to regular contributors.

I know, in your mind, these petty rules and inconveniences don't apply to you, but, in truth, they do.

TBH there are very few C70s on the Sales Corner, so you aren't going to make a dent in your wish list here, you are more likely to find them on eBay.

So, there are two choices open to you:
1. bitch, moan and try to speed-post to 30 posts (be aware any such post may be moderated).
2. Join in, post an introduction, tell us about you & how your addiction got started and........ You just might find that once other members read about you and your 'mad quest' to own all the C70s, or all those that feature in your wish list that they might PM you with an offer to buy theirs that they don't wear, don't like, has bad memories (delete as appropriate).

Why not go for option 2, I'm frequently amazed by the kindness and generosity shown on this forum, and urge you to look to the light side of the force and join in.
Wow what a welcome and if I may say so...

Sorry roger, he has a point but being an utter gimp to new members is bad form, I apologise some people can be somewhat blunt

Stick around though you may like it, I hope you do, new people are always welcome, it's a great forum with lots of cool people...

Just don't wind up highway or post too much about sector watches...it makes steam come out of the ears of some :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Macca

Post by Macca »

The amount of negativity in some threads honestly, some knickers need untwisting around here, so uptight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

honestly, i think this thread should be locked. it gets repetitive and let's face it, we're all tired of seeing the same thing rehashed repeatedly. i can't imagine any new member coming in with a new argument that's going to change everyone's mind and have kip remove the rule.
the "g" is for Greg...