New sales-corner rule

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
signalfillsthevoid
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Re: New sales-corner rule

Post by signalfillsthevoid »

This topic should be renamed The Echo Room...
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by ddav »

Room............room .........oooom........ooom..........m.. (Sorry couldn't resist, feeling a little bit puerile this morning)
C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by akirk »

rogerbarr wrote:This seems harsh. I am starting to collect the C70 series and will find it hard to post 30. I want to post about wanting to buy rather than to sell. Would spammers want to buy?

Roger
Why would it be difficult to post 30 posts?
This forum is about being a part of a community - it is not a sales / purchasing forum - ebay is far better for that anyway as it has many more CWL watches. As a community it is about chatting / discussions / arguments / making up / etc. :D and on that basis - 30 posts is very low

As the sales corner is a bonus / benefit for regular members - it makes sense to have a minimum post number... so come in and join the community - there is loads to learn here, lots of fun, and is def. a great community to be a part of - I have met several people from here and they are great... so come and be a part of it...

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

rogerbarr wrote:This seems harsh. I am starting to collect the C70 series and will find it hard to post 30. I want to post about wanting to buy rather than to sell. Would spammers want to buy?

Roger
Roger,

The sales corner is a benefit, a perk if you will, to regular contributors.

I know, in your mind, these petty rules and inconveniences don't apply to you, but, in truth, they do.

TBH there are very few C70s on the Sales Corner, so you aren't going to make a dent in your wish list here, you are more likely to find them on eBay.

So, there are two choices open to you:
1. bitch, moan and try to speed-post to 30 posts (be aware any such post may be moderated).
2. Join in, post an introduction, tell us about you & how your addiction got started and........ You just might find that once other members read about you and your 'mad quest' to own all the C70s, or all those that feature in your wish list that they might PM you with an offer to buy theirs that they don't wear, don't like, has bad memories (delete as appropriate).

Why not go for option 2, I'm frequently amazed by the kindness and generosity shown on this forum, and urge you to look to the light side of the force and join in.
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

I can't be bothered to repeat it all again.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
rogerbarr

Post by rogerbarr »

Well, there are certainly some strong opinions and a very direct approach.

Hi Rob,

That wasn't a very nice post from you up until your second point. You don't know me or my mind, but thanks anyway for your intentions which from your second point I will take as positive as opposed to a lecture.

Alasdiar,

Thanks for explaining the forum in a nice way. This is my first forum and I only really stumbled on to it to find a watch I am after, but it is alway nice to meet nice people.

Warm Regards

Roger
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by gwells »

roger, i think you need to understand that this is a 15 page thread, with most of the recent pages full of new members complaining about having to make 30 posts to view the sales board. it does get frustrating to members to have it continually rehashed. so if people come across a little brusque, that's probably the reason. much of what was said in rob and alasdair's posts has been said many times throughout this thread.

that said, join in and participate. as alasdair said, the sales forum is a benefit for members, not the real purpose of the boards.
the "g" is for Greg...
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I was new new to a golf league at one time. I wasn't doing well so wanted to change the rules for my benefit.

Got laughed at a lot so had to play by the rules and get better.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
nzomatrix

Post by nzomatrix »

This is a good rule... I have been burned in the past on forum sales forums. But this was many years ago. Now when I deal with someone I look at post count, when they signed up, and reputation.
Gradie
Senior
Senior

Post by Gradie »

nzomatrix wrote:This is a good rule... I have been burned in the past on forum sales forums. But this was many years ago. Now when I deal with someone I look at post count, when they signed up, and reputation.
I'll leave it to one of the more long term members to comment on the novelty of this being your first post, before we even get an introduction thread!

Whoops!
Robin CB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robin CB »

Gradie wrote:
nzomatrix wrote:This is a good rule... I have been burned in the past on forum sales forums. But this was many years ago. Now when I deal with someone I look at post count, when they signed up, and reputation.
I'll leave it to one of the more long term members to comment on the novelty of this being your first post, before we even get an introduction thread!

Whoops!
No, go ahead Gradie - fill yer boots ....

:silent:
highway62

Post by highway62 »

When the end comes, rats, cockroaches & this thread will survive...
nritchie

Post by nritchie »

So.. as a new member ( as in today ! ) .. I am yet to make a CW purchase but of course am very much looking forward to.

So i try and look at the for sale forum only to find i have to make 30 posts before I can even view! this does seem a little high considering i do not yet own a CW watch, therefore my interest is in buying the right model for me, and if I could find one that someone else no longer wishes to own then it's good news for us all.. so why the high number of posts?

I'm a serious buyer who spends a great deal of time researching every last detail so it's a shame to be automatically 'tarred with the same brush' as a bot or scammer !

so with that said.. i'm looking at the c700 grande rapide (leather strap) or the c8 regulator in black. If my reading is correct the movement within the c700 seems to be moderately better but from a purely asthetical perspective i like both..

Any ideas?

cheers, Newbie
highway62

Post by highway62 »

Hmmm, better? Completely different more like.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

nritchie wrote:.. so why the high number of posts?

I'm a serious buyer who spends a great deal of time researching every last detail so it's a shame to be automatically 'tarred with the same brush' as a bot or scammer !

Any ideas?

cheers, Newbie
Welcome to "The Asylum"!

I think you will enjoy youself more if you help us out a bit. Start by stopping by the "Member Introduction" area and do an intro.

The answers you seek above are within this thread and have been answered ad naseum.

Here is some Important reading for new members. :)

An Open Post to New Christopher Ward Forum Members

For All Forum Members - Who The Hell Are We?

Warning!

How to post photos
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.