New gold 'Emily'

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
cbetofop

New gold 'Emily'

Post by cbetofop »

Just bought this for Mrs C's birthday next week.

Thought it might be useful for forumites to see the watch / packaging etc - thankfully the watch still has 'Christopher Ward London' on the face. I understand the reasons for the Chr.Ward change (as per Chris's own forum post) but I'm glad to have got this watch before the change.

Pics below...

Image Image Image Image Image Image
markuk
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Re: New gold 'Emily'

Post by markuk »

looks nice I like one watch in the new range but the wife does not ops!

how ever I do like One of the old range with the mother of peal back face plate.. and she does.. any one know what that one is called..?

other than that I love the ladies boxes.. ( oh that does sound wrong :? ) I love the ladies watch boxes.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Thanks for posting the first shots of the new Emily.

I hope she likes it! :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by rcherryuk »

Packaging is more 'recyclable' than the old 'big black box', I could see this box being kept and just left on the dressing table as a 'drop box' for last nights earrings etc in it.

Now let's hope the mens watches will come in something equally 're-usable'

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by st-rider »

rcherryuk wrote:...Now let's hope the mens watches will come in something equally 're-usable'
Isn't there (or maybe that's a was there) a watchmaker who 's boxes could be reused as a humidor for your favourite cigars?

On topic I like the look of the ladies range packaging. Makes it a proper gift. Mind you, my opinion doesn't count as I'm not female.

Alex
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

markuk wrote:looks nice I like one watch in the new range but the wife does not ops!

how ever I do like One of the old range with the mother of peal back face plate.. and she does.. any one know what that one is called..?

other than that I love the ladies boxes.. ( oh that does sound wrong :? ) I love the ladies watch boxes.
Think you might mean the Divine Carre, Mark. It's how I got into CW, bought one for my god-daughter.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
cbetofop

Post by cbetofop »

Just a couple of other points now that Mrs C has the watch....

There is no microfibre cleaning cloth provided- it's OK she can use the one from my C2

The strap (gold link) is ENORMOUS.........I have tried the watch on and it needs 2 links removing at least - Mrs C needs about 4 links removing, one of her friends who tried it on neds at least 3/4 and our neighbour needs at least 2 removing - in fact the one person it did fit is the neighbours husband who is 6' 3" and has wrists like hulk! - Just a pointer if you purcase one....it will probably need adjusting!

Otherwise she's delighted with it.
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by rcherryuk »

st-rider wrote: Isn't there (or maybe that's a was there) a watchmaker who 's boxes could be reused as a humidor for your favourite cigars?
Rolex :D
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson