New Bracelet for the C60 Trident GMT

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Debo
Junior
Junior

Post by Debo »

My new Valentine's Day present arrived from the UK. Of course, I begged until she let me open it up early. First impressions-
1- Much better built than the original bracelet, just having the attached end pieces not flying around when I change straps is huge.

2- I really wasn't sure about the polished center links but they are growing on me. I had intended to brush it immediately so the whole bracelet would match the watch. I noticed something though: The polished lugs and the polished center links form kind of a "trident" that matches the second hand. I have no doubt that with how hard I am on watches the shiny part will eventually be scratched up but as of right now, the polished center links look pretty sharp. I may never brush them out.

3- The Diver's Clasp is comes with is pretty neat but it renders the micro adjustment almost useless. Out of the five positions, the first two won't allow the divers clasp to close comfortably because there isn't enough room. The last one, or furthest out, will leave the last link hanging out and the ugly inside of the divers clasp exposed. So, effectively you have two positions that you can use for micro-adjustment. This is a small item but should have been better thought out.

4- It is much more comfortable than the butterfly clasp previously used. No marks on my skin after wearing all day.

5- It matches the lines of the C60 perfectly.

Picture of the clasp not closing when adjusted all the way in.

All in all, I love the new bracelet, totally worth it. A huge improvement over the last. I am glad to see progress in a company. And thanks to my wife for a great present.

D.
C60 Trident GMT, Omega Planet Ocean 45.5mm, Omega Speedmaster Triple Date, 1959 Omega Seamaster
downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: New Bracelet for the C60 Trident GMT

Post by downer »

Nice review and great pictures. I agree with your conclusions. :)
Richard
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by alphajet »

Looks good, I wonder if it would be possible to remove the divers extension to allow more flexibility of adjustment. :?
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Looks great! Thanks for the frank review.

Congratulations. 8)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Debo
Junior
Junior

Post by Debo »

alphajet wrote:Looks good, I wonder if it would be possible to remove the divers extension to allow more flexibility of adjustment. :?

Nay. I already tried it. The springbar won't fit through the link that it would need too. Luckily it fits me ALMOST perfectly.

D.
C60 Trident GMT, Omega Planet Ocean 45.5mm, Omega Speedmaster Triple Date, 1959 Omega Seamaster
King_Corsica
CW-watches: 1

Post by King_Corsica »

Lovely watch mate & decent review of new bracelet... Enjoy!!! :clap:
Mezzame
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by Mezzame »

Great look and review - and your timing couldn't be better!

I've ordered this very watch just yesterday to replace a stolen Rolex and have asked that someone at CW contact me Monday morning (US time) to talk about the bracelet. You've helped loads here with this info.

Questions if I may -

I'm thinking of changing my order and specifying my wrist size 19/19.5 cm. Will this matter in you opinion?
Also, is the bracelet you show here a special order or the standard?

Cannot wait for this beauty to arrive!
LP - Colorado
C60 Trident GMT-SKS
C70 RAF Ad Astra
C60 Auto SKK
Seiko Diver
Pathfinder
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Good pics. Looks just like the barcelet I got for the 700.
peatnick
Junior
Junior

Post by peatnick »

Very nice, I have the same watch with the leather band and would consider this bracelet

Once owned a C7 with the butterfly clasp bracelet but shifted that on when I got the Trident GMT

This style bracelet fits the Trident much better imo...
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

downer wrote:Nice review and great pictures. I agree with your conclusions. :)
I pretty much agree as well. Mine came in the second position from the outer most hole. It fits perfect without any adjustment there and I had links removed. The brushed outer links is a very soft brush and doesn't contrast that much with the center polished links. I wouldn't want it any other way. I wouldn't advise having them brushed. It could get all mussed up.
sharkman
Junior
Junior

Post by sharkman »

Nice review. I just ordered the same watch today and am a bit fanatical about fit. Has anyone learned anything about the diver extension/micro-adjustment issue mentioned and photo'd above? Is it possible that the diver extension will fit back in even on the last two holes if the fold is angled into the clasp "just so?" I've had to do that with a couple other clasps with extensions - Seamasters. There were times when I thought it just would not fit, but then it worked out. I imagine the OP already did that, but have to ask.

Any updates either from the OP, other owners here, or CW?

Thanks,
~Sharkman~
CW60
Junior
Junior

Post by CW60 »

What is the point of the two extra micro-adjustment holes if the clasp can't close? How can they design something like this? Do they not try it before they mass produce it?
sharkman
Junior
Junior

Post by sharkman »

It was a clear mistake and I am surprised they didn't have their vendor redo the clasps. Still, with some effort and removing the diver extension, which in my view is just some unnecessary junk on the clasp, it becomes fully functional to all 5 sets of holes. My issue though was I was right between links without the last half link. Either a little too tight or put an extra link in and was too loose even after removing the extension. Thanks to another member I drilled out the small hole on the half link the extension was attached to and am now able to put the spring bar through it and have a fully adjustable clasp.

Still, I have to agree releasing the bracelet knowing it was messed up is unacceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~Sharkman~
CW60
Junior
Junior

Post by CW60 »

Sounds like someone is asleep at the wheel at CW. First they put that sandblasted bracelet on the C60 that didn't match the watch case, now this bracelet with its own set of issues.

I agree that the extension in the clasp is close to useless. How many people actually buy the watch to dive with it? I'd venture a guess and say the majority don't, so design it for the majority and maybe make a removable extension available for the minority. I have a Sinn watch and it has the same useless extension in the clasp that I will never do anything with. It can't be that hard to design it to be removable and it might even be better for them to charge extra for it if you want it.

Btw, what did you use to enlarge the hole on the half link?
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

Maybe there couple be a simple 'Divers Extension, £10, tick box if wanted' option and then you'd get the extension separately with a cheap tool to do the Swap?

Maybe CWL could do a divers kit with a long nylon or rubber strap, the divers extension and tool in a one watch carry case so you can swap straps in the privacy and comfort of your hotel room.
Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson