Nearly New Watch bought on pre-order

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Qbert

Nearly New Watch bought on pre-order

Post by Qbert »

Hi all, relative newbie to the board so take pity :D

I bought a nearly new watch in the sale last week, but when checking the order as I hadn't had an update for over a week I noticed it was on pre-order for April 2022. I have seen a few CW watches available on pre-order but had assumed that they were new releases or waiting on another preoduction run.

Has anyone any experience of a NN watch on pre-order, e.g. did it come when they estimated, what was the condition etc.. The only explanation I can think of is that it is a demo example of some sort which they will shift on when thet have finished with it. The thing is how will they know the condition it is going to be in 3 months down the line (it may not be fit to be sold as NN)?

Cheers
David. S
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Re: Nearly New Watch bought on pre-order

Post by David. S »

That sounds a little strange, I was under the impression that NN watches were watches that had been returned and weren't perfect, or ex demo watches that were now back with CW...if they haven't got it back yet, as you said, they won't know the condition.....
Email customer service and ask the questions.

David
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Qubo »

I am in the same situation. I reached out to customer service but no reply after 48 hours despite 2 reminders. Time to call :silent:
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Qubo »

Just got through to CW customer services on the phone. Could not get a straight answer from the (courteous) lady answering the phone other than that her manager would be reaching out to me (and I understand a few others) personally by e-mail by the close of business today. Expect some watches might have been sold multiple times.
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Qubo »

I just got an e-mail from Vallen (CW CS Manager) explaining the situation (they oversold on the model I selected due to a technical issue). CW provided me with 2 great options (besides a full refund), one of which I gladly accepted! Will hopefully post very soon :D

Mistakes happen, kudos CW for getting this to a good resolution. Happy :thumbup:
These users thanked the author Qubo for the post (total 4):
MiniMpiDavid. SMikkei4Viognier
Gar787
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 7

Post by Gar787 »

Great news that you got a satisfactory resolution. That is par for the course however when Vallen Hardy is involved imho. She is the head of CS and is exceptional at everything she does in my experience. She’s leaving her role in CS early in Feb but remaining with CW in a different role. I wish her all the best as I’m sure many forum guys on here do. 👍
These users thanked the author Gar787 for the post (total 2):
David. Sthomcat00
PHIL
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Qubo wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:26 pm I just got an e-mail from Vallen (CW CS Manager) explaining the situation (they oversold on the model I selected due to a technical issue). CW provided me with 2 great options (besides a full refund), one of which I gladly accepted! Will hopefully post very soon :D

Mistakes happen, kudos CW for getting this to a good resolution. Happy :thumbup:
Thanks for the advice. I've just emailed Val to see if she can help..