CW-watches: 22
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Natos

Post by DSHall »

Anyone else notice the trident on a Bond NATO on the website? Looks good.
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Re: Natos

Post by xtriple »

Can't understand the fascination with "Natos". The craze has completely passed me by and the residue leaves me cold. It just looks like you can't afford a bracelet or your wrists are so fat nothing else will fit. Don't give me that "Well Bond wore one". Since when did a cold hearted killer driving a super flash car and always with the best looking women become "Cool"?

Oh wait, the drugs have run out again... :lol:

Still don't "get" natos though.
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Natos are an excellent way to spice up a boring watch or one you've grown tired of lately - also very comfortable, love em!

But...i don't think they should be sold on the watch, as an after thought accessory or included in the box with the original leather strap/ bracelet sure.

The c60 gmt looks quite good with that strap (the red gmt hand matches the nato really well) but should it be the same price as the leather alternative?
I miss all the great things that may never be.
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

Natos. Yuk.
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by f1colin »

Also no fan of Nato's - IMHO they look and feel insubstantial. I get the variety thing but what's the point?

... and that one on the CW with the red and beige is simply horrible - looks like a decent watch dressed by 'Dunn & Co' (for those who can remember that awful High St chain, full of octagenerians)
f1colin

Rolex Sub, Oyster, Daytona
Tudor Black Bay, Big Block
Omega Dynamic, Speed, Speed 2, Speed 4.5, SM300
Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Not a fan myself, but if the demand is there...good for CW for making it available.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

It's soooooo..........Deckchair chic! :shock:

Two words that should never be put together :thumbdown:

As said though :clap: for CWL offering the choice but can't see it being a big seller.
fbd223
Junior
Junior

Post by fbd223 »

let me start by saying I am wearing my hamilton khaki king on a nato now. I agree they are not for every watch and i would never my a watch that came on a nato, my advise is always buy the bracelet model. I will say they are the most conformable style of straps i have even worn, and look the best on a thinner cased watch as the raise the watch off of the wrist IMHO.
Aesculapius
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Aesculapius »

That explains the (currently blank) link for "Nylon" watch straps on the site. Personally, I don't mind NATOs and use one for my day-to-day work watch - but I wouldn't want to put one on *every* watch...!

I guess it was inevitable that CW would include some of these eventually, although they're so readily and cheaply available as aftermarket options (from cheap-and-nasty to really well-made) and from so many different suppliers that it barely seems worth them bothering.

[As an aside, the Charcoal or Khaki versions of the Trident would probably look better than the black on the strap they're currently showing on the website!]
Debo
Junior
Junior

Post by Debo »

I like Natos bands. I like that if I jump out of an airplane, a helicopter, armored vehicle, or I if am underwater, I can lose a spring bar without losing my watch. They are very utilitarian, and comfy. NATO bands don't scratch. NATO bands aren't shiny. NATO bands don't cost $700 (like the bracelet on my Omega). That being said, I don't think I would ever buy a watch that was on a NATO band when it costs the same as a OEM leather strap. Aftermarket all the way.

D.
C60 Trident GMT, Omega Planet Ocean 45.5mm, Omega Speedmaster Triple Date, 1959 Omega Seamaster
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

I'm a strap man, not a bracelet man. I've put most of my watches on leather eventually. I'm not adverse to NATOs but not on the initial purchase. And not for the same price as the watch on a nice leather strap. :thumbdown:
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by scooter »

Debo

I have never been there, but is that the Alamo in your last photo?

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Debo
Junior
Junior

Post by Debo »

Yes it is the Alamo. Sacred Ground to us.

D.
C60 Trident GMT, Omega Planet Ocean 45.5mm, Omega Speedmaster Triple Date, 1959 Omega Seamaster
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by scooter »

Thought so.

Thanks for the reply.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)