Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Nato straps: am I doing it right?

Post by jkbarnes »

kiter65 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:56 pm here’s 2 B &J straps :thumbup:

That’s just about the cleanest, most wrist hugging look I’ve seen with a NATO! I never get the strap to hug my wrist nearly as well as you’ve got there. I think, for my circumstances, it’s just a function of watch size, lug shape & size, and wrist size.
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post (total 2):
kiter65RichM
Drew
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

Thanks Drew, I think I just suit a nato :D
These users thanked the author kiter65 for the post (total 2):
jkbarnesRichM
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

This Thread inspired me to try my Zuludiver Octopod on the Pelagos.

Apart from it being 20mm (Lugs are 21mm) it's extremely comfortable and the watch sits very low profile on the wrist.
The clasp is bulky but again very comfortable and no more bulky than a couple of folds of fabric.
20230726_195850-COLLAGE.jpg
Regards Steve
These users thanked the author magicman for the post (total 3):
jkbarnesRichMkiter65
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

magicman wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:03 pm This Thread inspired me to try my Zuludiver Octopod on the Pelagos.

Apart from it being 20mm (Lugs are 21mm) it's extremely comfortable and the watch sits very low profile on the wrist.
The clasp is bulky but again very comfortable and no more bulky than a couple of folds of fabric.

20230726_195850-COLLAGE.jpg

Regards Steve
That looks really good!
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post (total 2):
magicmanRichM
Drew
RichM
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by RichM »

Thank you everyone.

@JAFO Thanks for the pics - I'll play around and see what works. Yours fit really well.

@rkovars that's a really useful guide - thank you.

@kiter65 that's a far better fit than I've achieved.

@missF YES! I think they look great on everyone else and I think "I want me a piece of that" but then feel I can't carry it off the same way that I've seen on others.
These users thanked the author RichM for the post:
kiter65
Misterchrono
Senior
Senior

Post by Misterchrono »

I've been wearing NATO's for years and regarding my small wrist's size (6"25), I have to fold the double strap on the buckle as per "single loop" on the previous page.
But what I've learned is that stiff NATO's need to be worn wet and tight for a few hours to fully embrace one's wrist anatomy.
Si I'd highly recommend you install the NATO with the watch head you want and wash thoroughly your hand, wrist and forearm, then tight again the NATO strap to the desired size around your wrist and wait....
These users thanked the author Misterchrono for the post:
jkbarnes
Misterchrono
Senior
Senior

Post by Misterchrono »

20230726_230839.jpg
20230726_230754.jpg
Ps: for purists, it is a Zulu and no NATO strap but the purpose is the same :thumbup:
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

And if politicians worldwide took as much care and gave as much thought as watch nerds give to the simple wearing of a fabric strap with pin and buckle fastening (I'm getting into character now! :oops: ), the world would be a much more orderly place.

Just imagine the current trend first world problem: "I've recently bought an EV which I can charge up a home however not only do I not have undercover garaging or even off-street parking, I actually live in a second storey apartment. So do I run a power cable from my apartment to my parked car by method A, method B or method C?"
rkovars wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:05 pm Image
These users thanked the author tikkathree for the post (total 2):
RichMLeon O
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

tikkathree wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:15 am And if politicians worldwide took as much care and gave as much thought as watch nerds give to the simple wearing of a fabric strap with pin and buckle fastening (I'm getting into character now! :oops: ), the world would be a much more orderly place.

Just imagine the current trend first world problem: "I've recently bought an EV which I can charge up a home however not only do I not have undercover garaging or even off-street parking, I actually live in a second storey apartment. So do I run a power cable from my apartment to my parked car by method A, method B or method C?"
rkovars wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:05 pm Image
Use a giant nato strap to attach a solar panel to the roof of your EV. To ensure a secure fit use a true nato and not a two-piece nylon strap.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi