My first CW -- a C5 galvanic dial

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Adatech
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

My first CW -- a C5 galvanic dial

Post by Adatech »

Finally arrived yesterday, love it! Now here's a question -- this is a 39mm case. I've been eyeing the C60, but I worry that the 42mm case will be too large. Anyone have thoughts? I'm thinking of waiting till the C61 comes out and trying that one.

Remus
Guru
Guru

Re: My first CW -- a C5 galvanic dial

Post by Remus »

I think you should be fine with a c60. I have a 7 inch wrist and my c60 wears very well. I have to say I do like the c5. I have been eyeing a Makaira for some time though I am now thinking a c7 and c50 for the same money. What type of wear do you expect from your C5?
Remus
Adatech
Junior
Junior

Re: My first CW -- a C5 galvanic dial

Post by Adatech »

Remus wrote:I think you should be fine with a c60. I have a 7 inch wrist and my c60 wears very well. I have to say I do like the c5. I have been eyeing a Makaira for some time though I am now thinking a c7 and c50 for the same money. What type of wear do you expect from your C5?
Hmm. I've taken the plunge and ordered a C60 charcoal bezel -- your opinion seems to mirror many others who say that the C60 wears just fine on a 6.75/7 inch wrist. Worst comes to worst, I'll return it within 60 days.

For now, the C5 will be a daily wearer. If I end up keeping the C60, I'll probably alternate the two, and use the C5 specifically when I have to suit up (I'm an attorney).