My C65 Trident GMT isn't waterproof!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 5

Re: My C65 Trident GMT isn't waterproof!

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:22 pm I wore my Mk1 C65 Trident Vintage in the ocean and regularly in a pool SOLELY because it has a acre down crown. It would be another story with a push crown.
You were obviously on a bit of a crusade with it. The First Crusade, I assume.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jkbarnes »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:27 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:22 pm I wore my Mk1 C65 Trident Vintage in the ocean and regularly in a pool SOLELY because it has a acre down crown. It would be another story with a push crown.
You were obviously on a bit of a crusade with it. The First Crusade, I assume.
Well played! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Stupid autocorrect.
Andrew
“I can't stand it to think my life is going so fast and I'm not really living it.”

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
Or follow my photography on Instagram @jkbarnesphotos
Amor Vincit Omnia

ajax87 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:09 pm
My C65 crown has accidentally pulled out while pulling my hand out of my pocket, a couple times. I personally wouldn’t risk swimming with a watch without a screw down crown, because I might accidentally bump it or catch it and pull it out. That would be on me.
The crown on mine caught on a pocket as well, it happened a couple of times quite soon after I got the watch, so I have never fancied taking it into water. There was a lot of discussion on this a while back and, despite CW resolutely maintaining that it was safe to take into water if the crown was fully pushed in, they have since changed all C65s (I think) to screw down.

Interestingly, the first watch they ever produced (C5 Malvern Auto) has a WR of 50 m, so no good for swimming. And yet it has a screw down crown.
Steve

JymKhana

Post by JymKhana »

TimB wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:41 pm Something I've never really thought about, so are CW dive watches just in the style of a dive watch or are they actually up to the job, pressure tested etc at the manufacturing stage? If not then it reminds me of those really cheap Chrono watches where the Chrono dials are just for show. I hope that's not the case with CW.

Tim.
I didn't see this answered so I thought I would jump in. CW dive watches are in fact legit dive watches. The first thing I did was to take mine down to about 90 feet but to be fair, I have the C60, not the C65. I find the "water resistance" rating thing on watches to be a bit misleading/confusing .The C65 is rated at 15 ATM so I would think it should be good down to 10.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by nbg »

I think that my push crown Dartmouth is a BRILliant watch. I am happy enough to wear it whilst FLOUNDERing around in the sea.

I just ensure that the crown is pushed in before PLAICEing my hands underwater and submerging. A DAB with a fingertip to ensure good to go has become an automatic response when approaching water.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Amor Vincit Omnia

Manipulating a crown can be RUDDy difficult if you have CHUBby fingers. I believe RAYmond Weil had a good solution.
Steve