My 3 Month Old C3 Malvern Quick Release is Seizing

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
event

My 3 Month Old C3 Malvern Quick Release is Seizing

Post by event »

One of the tabs on my 3 month old C3 Malvern has seized. I can kind of force it open and close but it makes it very difficult to put the watch on and take it off. The other tab is starting to seize as well. Was this my fault somehow? I take care in not letting the watch get wet, but sometimes a splash gets on it when washing up. What can I do to fix this and how can I prevent it happening in the future?

Thanks,
Kevin
event

Re: My 3 Month Old C3 Malvern Quick Release is Seizing

Post by event »

JAG wrote:It sounds as though the spring may have come apart on the inside of your clasp if you E-mail Customer services and ask them for a replacement clasp i am sure they will post 1 out "they are so easy to fit"
Is this just a manufacturing error or something or could I be too rough on the watch? I don't want to have to deal with getting a new clasp every 3 months...
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: My 3 Month Old C3 Malvern Quick Release is Seizing

Post by Kip »

As rugged as this type clasp is, it is not unusual for this type thing t happen on occasion. I wouldnt be overly concerned unless you have been abusing it.

I am willing to bet a call to Customer service will rectify the situation.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.