Discuss Christopher Ward watches
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Re: My 1st Watch: CW vs Steinhart vs The Others

Post by xtriple »

You're excused :lol:

Get the C60, you know it makes sense!
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
bozmandb9

Post by bozmandb9 »

Yes it was that difficult, however I made it easy by going to Maidenhead, and trying on the few I was interested, from the C5 to the C700, and settled on the C60. It was made easier for me by taking my wife, since she wouldn't let me buy the C700!

Stretch your budget and get the C60 on the bracelet. It's only £15 over! I went for the C60 Khaki bezel, just to be a little different, and I'm glad I did!
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

Some good choices in the thread. If it were my money, and buying new rather than second-hand, I'd go for either CW or Timefactors.

scooter wrote: Not sure you do anymore under the 360:

"Just make sure you are within the 60- day period and your watch has not been worn, scratched or damaged and is in the original packaging. We will do the rest."

scooter
I'd really like to know what the company position is on this now. Surely you have to wear the watch to decide if you like it or not? And if you can't, is the 60-day returns really worth having?
JonRB
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4
LE-foura: yes

Post by JonRB »

bozmandb9 wrote:Yes it was that difficult, however I made it easy by going to Maidenhead, and trying on the few I was interested, from the C5 to the C700, and settled on the C60. It was made easier for me by taking my wife, since she wouldn't let me buy the C700!

Stretch your budget and get the C60 on the bracelet. It's only £15 over! I went for the C60 Khaki bezel, just to be a little different, and I'm glad I did!
I didn't realise this was an option? I was under the impression from the CWL website and this forum that CWL is mail order only and the Maidenhead address is just the registered office? So they have a retail outlet after all? Could someone please confirm my (mis)understanding?

Thanks
Jon

It's about time...
AdamRobinson1982
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by AdamRobinson1982 »

I had the Steinhart vs. CWL diver problem about a year ago (search and I think my posts are about) I havent updated but i actually ended up getting the C60. And I am REALLY glad I did. It is a fantastic looking watch, really smart, fantastic build quality and the waves on the black backround really give it a texture that is just lacking from the Steinhart flat black faces. I have it on leather which isnt typical for a divers watch but it just looks too good. Why not pick up a second hand one in the sales corner?
Ash
CW-watches: 0

Post by Ash »

Thanks for the reply Adam. I'm definitely leanin towards the C60 over the Steinhart at the moment. The main issue, as I might have mentioned before, is that I'm now looking at some go the slightly cheaper options so I could end up getting a couple in one go instead of just the one!!! How greedy and indecisive is that!!?! Couple of the options I'm considering are above, the Orient Mako being a contender since its highly regarded from what I've read across the forum.

Just saving up some more before I can make that final step!
FieryTowse
Guru
Guru

Post by FieryTowse »

Have a look at the review of the C60 GMT Pepsi on the review board. I'm sure it's the one with some side by side shots of the C60 v an Ocean One. The C60 looks the nicer of the two by far and it really swayed me away from the Ocean One.

However, the flipside is that I'm giving serious thought to a Steinhart Aviation over the C11 if I do go down the C60 route!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
C3SKK/SKS
C11 KVKT
Omega Geneve Dynamic 135.0033 manual wind
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 231.10.42.21.02.003
Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial 233.30.41.21.01.001
Steinhart Ocean Two
Rolex GMT-Master II 126710BLNR
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by Loddonite »

JonRB wrote:I didn't realise this was an option? I was under the impression from the CWL website and this forum that CWL is mail order only and the Maidenhead address is just the registered office? So they have a retail outlet after all? Could someone please confirm my (mis)understanding?

Thanks
There is no retail outlet.
The office in Maidenhead is just that - an office.
However... a very few people have contacted CW and arranged to visit the office. They are not set up to have visitors but, sometimes, when they're not rushed off their feet with something else, they have agreed.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Loddonite wrote:
JonRB wrote:I didn't realise this was an option? I was under the impression from the CWL website and this forum that CWL is mail order only and the Maidenhead address is just the registered office? So they have a retail outlet after all? Could someone please confirm my (mis)understanding?

Thanks
There is no retail outlet.
The office in Maidenhead is just that - an office.
However... a very few people have contacted CW and arranged to visit the office. They are not set up to have visitors but, sometimes, when they're not rushed off their feet with something else, they have agreed.
Myself, I would just love to tour their production facility.
ogredave
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by ogredave »

FWIW, there's been some complaints about Steinhart customer service lately on another forum .. that was part of what steered me towards the C40/CW.
downer

Post by downer »

I think they reached something of a crisis at Steinhart - they had service complaints, then their systems/comms was out for a week or two. On top of this, one or two new model launches have been delayed .

In response to this, they have said they will cease the 'special edition' activities (forum LE's and the like) for the foreseeable future and concentrate on the main business.

I think that is a good move. :)
Richard
Ash

Post by Ash »

I've been reading some of the other posts across the forum and people mention 'Nearly New' watches... Are these on sale on the CW website currently or are they in the Sales Corner??

30% off a C60 would make me a v happy man!!
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes

My 1st Watch: CW vs Steinhart vs The Others

Post by DSHall »

Ash wrote:I've been reading some of the other posts across the forum and people mention 'Nearly New' watches... Are these on sale on the CW website currently or are they in the Sales Corner??

On the CW website from time to time. Usually gets snapped up pretty quickly so check regularly.
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes

My 1st Watch: CW vs Steinhart vs The Others

Post by DSHall »

Ash wrote:I've been reading some of the other posts across the forum and people mention 'Nearly New' watches... Are these on sale on the CW website currently or are they in the Sales Corner??

On the CW website from time to time. Usually gets snapped up pretty quickly so check regularly. Sorry. Double post. Tapatalk!!!!
Ash

Post by Ash »

Does it pop up on the home screen as a feature or do they have a separate link somewhere? Do they send an email notifying us as well?? Thanks.