Moonglow logo update?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
alexqaws
CW-watches: 3

Moonglow logo update?

Post by alexqaws »

I was just checking the C1 Moonglow product page and noticed the logo has changed, instead of the name at 9 o'clock we now have the twin flags at 6 o'clock. For me the old logo was kind of a deal breaker but seeing it with the new logo really makes me consider buying this watch.
Screenshot_20230521_214927_Chrome.jpg
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Moonglow logo update?

Post by JAFO »

^^^^
I might be wrong but the opaque setting on the moon mask seems to be a little darker, so the second moon is harder to see. Maybe it's just the photo.
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post:
alexqaws
welshlad
CW-watches: 22

Post by welshlad »

The C1 Moonglow has had the Twin Flags logo since last summer. See this previous thread:

general-discussion/logo-wars-don-t-shoo ... go#p921443
These users thanked the author welshlad for the post (total 2):
alexqawsthomcat00
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
alexqaws

Post by alexqaws »

welshlad wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:38 pm The C1 Moonglow has had the Twin Flags logo since last summer. See this previous thread:

general-discussion/logo-wars-don-t-shoo ... go#p921443
Oh, that is nice! I didn't intend to create a dupe thread, just that it's the first time I hear about it and I did try searching for it on the forum.

This makes me wonder if other watches would be getting a logo update, like maybe the C1 world timer.

It's not that the text logo is bad, I have 2 watches with this logo, but I do think the new logo does work better on some watches.
JasH
Senior
Senior

Post by JasH »

I think it would look even better with a smoked (dark) twin flags logo, and the "automatic calibre JJ04" text deleted.

I will buy that third edition, if they ever make it :D
These users thanked the author JasH for the post:
alexqaws
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

An old style Moonglow sold on eBay today for just over £900.
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post:
alexqaws
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

I’ve liked the Moonglow regardless of the logo. It’s just a watch I have a challenge justifying. I like the Moonphase complication. The don’t feel I need one despite the romance of it.
These users thanked the author thomcat00 for the post:
alexqaws
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
alexqaws

Post by alexqaws »

Honestly, the the only reason I haven't picked up Moonglow yet is because I really like the Omega Speedmaster Moonphase, I've been looking at it for a few years and I am kind of determined of getting one soon-ish (in the next year or so). That super high-res tiny moon looks amazing, and the watch itself ticks several boxes for me. I would have probably bought it by now if I hadn't been getting other CW watches instead.

Now, if (or when) I do get the Omega, I think 2 moon phase watches might be a bit much, at least for start. Plus, I already have a C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve which essentially has the same outer case, so it would feel a bit odd for me to have 2 watches with the same case. However, if they do release a Moonglow version with SH21, or SH21 v2, then I'm not quite sure if I will be able to resist the urge.