Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 19

MK2 C60 316Ĺ - Just looking for any info on the range to a noob

Post by Deks »

Hi to all my friends,

I'm sorry to take your time. As most people know I'm obsessed with CW watches. I fell madly in love with the C60 MK2 316L LE with the yellow face. I don't know the history behind the watch but I love the whole design of the watch and beautiful onion style hands etc etc.

I just bought a second hand watch with a blue face. I love the look of this watch too. Not as much as the yellow but still fantastic.

Could anyone give me a very brief history of these watches. I know the yellow face was limited edition but was the blue faced watch limited edition too? Also if these were LE what was the standard colour of these watches?

Sorry for the long post I'm now becoming a MK2 obsessive and need professional help with my love for watches (atm 99% CW) 😃
Jkpa
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 5

Re: MK2 C60 316Ĺ - Just looking for any info on the range to a noob

Post by Jkpa »

Yes the blue, orange and yellow with the steel bezel are limited editions. I just picked up my yellow a few weeks ago. It's a very nice yellow - not too dark, not too bright. It's really an amazing color.

More info about it from the Archive as well:

https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive/# ... b0c012611/
C1 Grand Malvern Small Second SH21
C60 MK2 Trident Pro 7750 Chronograph
C60 MK2 Trident Pro White
C60 MK2 Trident Pro Yellow 316 LE
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 25
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I feel a sub-collection coming on here Mike. :-k :-k

The Mk2 C60 316Ls are all Ltd Editions of 316 pieces in Black, Blue, Yellow and Orange dials and with plain steel bezels, released over a period from May '17 to Jan '19.

There was no 'standard' version of the C60 with plain steel bezel; all standard versions had ceramic bezels.

Further info on each watch can be found in this list on the CWArchive. Happy hunting.

Guy
C1 GBT| C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB LE| C5 FLE| C7 Apex| C7 MkI 47AD| C7 MkII Harrier
C8 Reg LE| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 Al Deere| C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C40
C60 FLEx2| C60 Bronze GMT| C60 AbyssSH21-Apex-Blue-Chrono-Concept-Elite P'type |C65 AMGT 2VEV
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Thanks Guy for the info! I have the yellow and those are amazing pictures Jkpa! The yellow is really a very special watch. I'm wearing my blue version as I type this. It arrived today and looks really well. I now need the orange version! If anyone is reading this and has the orange one in very good condition for sale I would love to hear from you :-).

I need to find a picture of the black one now.

One last thing, is it me or do others think the older design MK2 are amazing looking watches and the onion design hands are so fabulous?
These users thanked the author Deks for the post:
Jkpa
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Lol one last thing. I'm skint and only just returning to work on a half hours phased return and still struggling with my back and I can't afford to buy more watches! I just ordered a C60 mk2 bracelet and 2 CW leather watch boxes and will post my collection in the sotc section of the forums very soon :-)
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Here's a crappy picture of my new blue version. It will be 90 deg out as im posting from my mobile phone. Its lovely blue and I really want the orange version now!
20210930_134216.jpg
Jkpa
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 5

Post by Jkpa »

Deks wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:12 am Thanks Guy for the info! I have the yellow and those are amazing pictures Jkpa! The yellow is really a very special watch. I'm wearing my blue version as I type this. It arrived today and looks really well. I now need the orange version! If anyone is reading this and has the orange one in very good condition for sale I would love to hear from you :-).

I need to find a picture of the black one now.

One last thing, is it me or do others think the older design MK2 are amazing looking watches and the onion design hands are so fabulous?
Yeah MK2s are indeed amazing. For your viewing pleasure - mine are here: viewtopic.php?f=1&p=881403#p881403
C1 Grand Malvern Small Second SH21
C60 MK2 Trident Pro 7750 Chronograph
C60 MK2 Trident Pro White
C60 MK2 Trident Pro Yellow 316 LE
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

The MK2’s remain my favourite, especially with the ‘Chr. Ward’ logo at 12. I sold my white dial GMT last year to a forum member due to legibility but I’m starting to regret that sale to be honest - I should have kept it.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

The Mk2s are very nice and there is a fabulous set of variants available. My one thing about the MK2? At 43mm it’s very much at my upper size limit and somehow seems noticeably bigger than my 42mm MK1 and MK3. Otherwise, I’m sure I would have bought more of them
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

43mm is perfect for me I don't like anything smaller :-).