Long wait time...anyone else?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
OHMS

Long wait time...anyone else?

Post by OHMS »

Hi. I am curious as to what is the average wait time is for a C5 to be completed and dispatched. I have been waiting for two months now and by the looks of it I have a lot more waiting to come. Don't get me wrong, I can wait, I am not going anywhere - just yet. I have been told that current delays, which I have no doubt is correct, has to do with the current supply of ETA movements from Switzerland. I am just curious as to how this works, does SWATCH who owns the production company that produces the ETA movement have a system of supply that is transparent? Can anyone tell me how it works, and how does this effect on-line production. Is it also something recent? However, I must point out, that even though I would prefer not to wait this long, I am comforted by the quality of the CW watch using the ETA. Still, it must be incredibly frustrating for Christopher Ward and company and of course other companies that rely on this movement. Cheers.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: Long wait time...anyone else?

Post by Kip »

Welcome to the forum. I can't tell you how the Swatch group distribution system works, but I can assure you that this is not the norm for CWL. Note on his website that the C5 Aviators are on reserve only. this indicates to me he is waiting for movements. This is a distribution and proprietary issue with the Swatch group as has been eluded to for some time and we knew was coming. I live in the USA and never waited more than 7 days from time of order to receipt of goods. Email customer service from time to time and they will give you the current status. The wait, I'm sure will be worth it in the end. Good luck!!
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
OHMS

Post by OHMS »

Yes, I think that I might have just been on the cusp here,not sure what has happened, because when I ordered my C5 they weren't on reserve. Just unlucky I suppose. But as you say, I am sure it will be worth the wait. Still, it does seem like a very long wait.
Charlief
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Charlief »

I'm waiting for a C5 Aviator. So I wait.
OHMS

Post by OHMS »

I have no doubt that it will be worth the wait!
OHMS

Post by OHMS »

I just read the thread "Sellita to replace ETA" and now I am beginning to understand what Chris is up against -
kuks

Post by kuks »

Yes, me too..

I ordered my C5 Aviator (C5AKK) last night and thought I would call to see just how long the wait may be. I was told it was looking like May. :( So we wait and hope I guess..