Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: London is back

Post by f1colin »

julywest wrote:
JAG wrote:Chr.Ward
London

Will look PANTS IMOHO

What a total load of rubbish it will look unbalanced and no one will know what the Chr stands for , When that appears on the faces no more will be posted to this address :shock:
What does PANTS stand for?

Particularly
Awful
Nomenclature
To
Some
f1colin

Rolex Sub, Oyster, Daytona
Tudor Black Bay, Big Block
Omega Dynamic, Speed, Speed 2, Speed 4.5, SM300
Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue
Aesculapius
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Aesculapius »

'Strewth - I have a few long days at work and don't have time to check the forum and I come back to find this...?!

:-?

Oh God - not the logo *again* !!
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Post by xtriple »

I liked Chr WARD and I like it even more with "London" underneath. Just the job in my humble opinion.
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jimbo »

Be grateful it has not got "Liverpool" under it....it would be knocked off ! :D

To any one outside of Blighty "London" is the UK ....The 2nd greatest city on earth....The best for me would be Hong kong....but HK under the logo would make every watch 99p

"london" does give it a certain kind of class, a little like "New York, London, Peckham"
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

jimbo wrote:Be grateful it has not got "Liverpool" under it....it would be knocked off ! :D

"london" does give it a certain kind of class, a little like "New York, London, Peckham"
Now that would look really cool 8) "The DelBoy edition".
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
image_doctor
Senior
Senior

Post by image_doctor »

Good news and thanks to CWL for listening.
triffidman
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by triffidman »

Can somebody explain why it is desirable to have the word London on a watch/clock?

The place is difficult and time consuming to get in and out of, smells of exhaust fumes, they charge you £5 a day just for using their roads, everything is more expensive than it should be, and there seems to be a lack of friendliness there!! :thumbdown:

Just my opinion, of course, but in no way for me does having the word 'London' back on a Christopher Ward watch make them any more attractive or desirable.
C60 GMT (SOKKO)
C40 Chronograph

Laco Helsinki
Tissot T Touch Expert

Casio G-Shock Frogman
Casio G-Shock GPW-1000
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Thought it was £8 a day now?

Because, London is the centre of the entire known universe! The hub of the financial institutions, the big Metropolis, home of Carnaby Street and all things stylish and bold. Also, the home of cosmetic surgery where you can enlarge your chest as you deplete your wallet, Bond Street where you can find all things sartorial and horological. In short, London is just a wonderful place and anyone would be proud to have the name on their watch.

Strangely, the further you are away from the ****, the more appealing :lol:
triffidman
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by triffidman »

xtriple wrote:Thought it was £8 a day now?

Because, London is the centre of the entire known universe! The hub of the financial institutions, the big Metropolis, home of Carnaby Street and all things stylish and bold. Also, the home of cosmetic surgery where you can enlarge your chest as you deplete your wallet, Bond Street where you can find all things sartorial and horological. In short, London is just a wonderful place and anyone would be proud to have the name on their watch.

Strangely, the further you are away from the ****, the more appealing :lol:
Nice one! Good of them to put it up by 60% (I'm sure Mars Bars haven't gone up that much in the same space of time?). Nice to meet a fellow 'fan'.
C60 GMT (SOKKO)
C40 Chronograph

Laco Helsinki
Tissot T Touch Expert

Casio G-Shock Frogman
Casio G-Shock GPW-1000
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

Yoda wrote:It's called Lunnon around here!
:lol:
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
TempusFugit
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by TempusFugit »

London clocks are the most collectable because of the association of London with the best clockmakers that have lived - Harrison, Mudge, Knibb etc. All other clocks made outside London eventually followed the fashions pioneered by these makers - but rarely matched the craftsmanship or quality. I'd recommend a visit to the clock exhibition at the British Museum, or even better, to the small museum at the Worshipful Company of Clockmakers in Guildhall, in London of course. Both are free and both are a feast, especially the latter.
Four CWs and too many others to list!
And loads of clocks.
And bicycles.
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

Certain places are indeed synonymous with certain things, e.g.

Sheffield - Steel
Nottingham - Lacemaking
Stafforshire - Pottery
Glasgow - Kiss :lol:

& London - Watches / Clocks.
Jammy Devil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by Jammy Devil »

Tyke wrote:Certain places are indeed synonymous with certain things, e.g.

Sheffield - Steel
Nottingham - Lacemaking
Stafforshire - Pottery
Glasgow - Kiss :lol:
London - Watches / Clocks.
& Norwich - Delia Smith
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

TempusFugit wrote:London clocks are the most collectable because of the association of London with the best clockmakers that have lived - Harrison, Mudge, Knibb etc. All other clocks made outside London eventually followed the fashions pioneered by these makers - but rarely matched the craftsmanship or quality. I'd recommend a visit to the clock exhibition at the British Museum, or even better, to the small museum at the Worshipful Company of Clockmakers in Guildhall, in London of course. Both are free and both are a feast, especially the latter.
+1 to all that.
At the risk of repeating an earlier post, I spent a good couple of hours in the Clockmakers' Museum on a Saturday a few weeks ago, and had the place to myself for the first hour!
I went in at 11.50 and so was there when all the clocks began striking midday - just wonderful! :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham »

Can i just throw in Suarez - racist