Krike! Copy or what?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Krike! Copy or what?

Post by rgb »

Rolex Explorer II | Tudor BBR | Tudor North Flag | Omega Seamaster Pro 300M | Speedmaster 3513.30 | TAG Kirium F1 | Chr.Ward C9 GMT | C10 Mk1 | C65 LE | Oris Player's 7410 |
WR: 7.25"

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
theaaronp
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Re: Krike! Copy or what?

Post by theaaronp »

And also http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/Nav-B ... e,896.html

CW Didn't come up with this design, it's been around for donkeys years, everyone does their own homage to the classic aviation, marine, submariner etc designs.
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

Seriously? Its just an A-type B-uhr dial, they have been around forever.
The Stowa Flieger Original, a very desirable watch, looks exactly the same as your picture A. So do many many watches from Laco, Steinhart, Tourby, Archimede and others.
http://monochrome-watches.com/the-histo ... ive-b-uhr/
Dr Moose
Senior
Senior

Post by Dr Moose »

A Steinhart is on my wrist at present, and possibly my favourite watch at the moment, certainly better quality than CW, but designs are more limited.
C9 JH3, C9 chrono LE, C70 D-Type,
U-Boat IFO
Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean
Memphis Belle B747 LE
Breitling Aerospace
Steinhart Nav B-Uhr
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

Dr Moose wrote:A Steinhart is on my wrist at present, and possibly my favourite watch at the moment, certainly better quality than CW, but designs are more limited.
bold - Why do you think so?
I definitely agree with you that their designs are more limited, it is because a majority of their watches are homages.
theaaronp
Senior
Senior

Post by theaaronp »

I have a big issue with a lot of Steinharts watches, and that's because of the water resistance or lack of! Their marine watches are only rated as sufficient to withstand splashes and you are advised now to shower or swim in them.
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

theaaronp wrote:I have a big issue with a lot of Steinharts watches, and that's because of the water resistance or lack of! Their marine watches are only rated as sufficient to withstand splashes and you are advised now to shower or swim in them.
Ideally you are advised not to shower with any watch, irrespective of WR. Soap and shampoo are the enemy, not water.
theaaronp
Senior
Senior

Post by theaaronp »

blowfish89 wrote:
theaaronp wrote:I have a big issue with a lot of Steinharts watches, and that's because of the water resistance or lack of! Their marine watches are only rated as sufficient to withstand splashes and you are advised now to shower or swim in them.
Ideally you are advised not to shower with any watch, irrespective of WR. Soap and shampoo are the enemy, not water.
Sure, I agree, however Steinhart state 'WaterRes: 3 ATM (limited water resistant, no swimming or shower)' which really, is poor imo. For transparency I am a fan of Steinhart, I toyed with getting one with their bronzo's for a while.
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

I agree with you, almost comic to make a large sports watch and just 30m WR. The fliegers and pilot chronos are all 30 or 50 which pretty much sucks.
theaaronp
Senior
Senior

Post by theaaronp »

Yep, and it's one of the biggest factors that has held me off buying one a Steinhart so far.
WesWood151
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Post by WesWood151 »

Still nothing from Dr. Moose. I'd love to hear why he thinks Steinhart is better quality then CWL.
OH-58D/AH-64D Driver Extrordinair

Yank in search of my first CW
Dr Moose
Senior
Senior

Post by Dr Moose »

Just feels better. Bit like a BMW compared to Jaguar, personal tastes and preferences.
C9 JH3, C9 chrono LE, C70 D-Type,
U-Boat IFO
Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean
Memphis Belle B747 LE
Breitling Aerospace
Steinhart Nav B-Uhr
WesWood151
Junior
Junior

Post by WesWood151 »

Those are really good specs for $119 watch. I don't know much about the Seagull movement, but I was really surprised to se Sapphire glass and super luminova. I'd rock it.

WesWood151
Junior
Junior

Post by WesWood151 »

Dr Moose wrote:Just feels better. Bit like a BMW compared to Jaguar, personal tastes and preferences.
Ah, the old intangibles argument. Guess I'll have to take your word for it until I can get my hands on them both.

7ee
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by 7ee »

Having not owned a Steinhart I was surprised to read this. There aren't many Steinharts I like(due to size), but the Marine one I've been tempted by on occasions.

As for the design, agree it's the classic Aviator and alot of brands have giving it a new lease of life in recent years, Archimede are another from a long list.