Just thinking to myself.....

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
stuartl226
CW-watches: 1

Just thinking to myself.....

Post by stuartl226 »

It was only last year when my son turned 21 that we decided to buy him a nice watch, something he can hold on to for a few years and something he would enjoy wearing without the added pressure of it being overly expensive. We decided on a Tissot T-Sport Seastar, although my wife would have liked something more renowned and expensive, but he was well chuffed with it and wears it every day without fail. But it made me think , I have never bought, owned or worn by a nice watch and for some reason my thoughts turn to myself and I yearned for a quality watch that I could own and wear and pass on to my son one day. Why did I do that? I have never owned a quality watch! I have never really yearned for one too . Until now!! And now I can't get them out of my head, am I in a mid life crisis(even though I am beyond mid years) or am I just able to enjoy the finer things....I hope it's the later and I really hope I can look forward to more thoughts of extravegants
These users thanked the author stuartl226 for the post:
David. S
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Just thinking to myself.....

Post by JAFO »

That's the way it starts, Stuart. Be careful out there :D
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post:
stuartl226
David. S
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 5

Post by David. S »

The tissot is a lovely gift for your son Stuart.
I recently gave my 19 year old son my c65 Dartmouth, its a lovely thought knowing he will wear and enjoy it for many years to come, and of course it now means I have a space in the watch box.......... :clap:
These users thanked the author David. S for the post:
stuartl226
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 3

Post by Thegreyman »

I can identify with you giving your son a nice watch for his birthday and enjoying seeing him wear it every day. I gave my son a Seiko Pepsi Sea Urchin for his 18th birthday and he really likes it and wears it most days, despite previously having no interest in or wearing any watches.

As for you, if you are now able to afford to treat yourself to a nice watch, then I don't see anything wrong with that. I'm sure you have worked hard to be in that position. Of course as you say, it is also good to know that one day you can pass it on to your son.
These users thanked the author Thegreyman for the post (total 3):
stuartl226David. Srkovars
Patrick

C60 FLE Scooter Blue, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife)

Some others + a few on the way