Jkpa
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Is the Atoll really a Sealander is disguise? 😜

Post by Jkpa »

(how do you take your logo?) 😜

No, this is not that question. 😉

Is the Atoll really a Sealander is disguise? 😉

Of course it has a dive bezel, and 600m WR like the other C60 divers, but with the prominent dial (certainly the color), and its thin, steel bezel, it’s visually very close to a “bezel less Sealander”.

For divers, I prefer 42-44mm watches, so I was a little apprehensive that the “just” 40mm of the Atoll would be too small for me. But on wrist, it totally works. It’s hard to argue it’s too small. The thin bezel helps here and brings the dial outwards as much as possible. On wrist, in size and feel, it’s really close to a Sealander. This is really a good thing – the Sealander line is a home run by CW. The size, weight, design – it’s all well thought-out and it works. It has real balance, not just as a package of doing “everything” – it has the looks, the specs and indeed, the feel on wrist that just works so well.

Behind the C60s which I believe is the best line CW has done overall, and I think they’d agree with that too, the Sealander is right there. The Atoll manages to be both a flat-out gorgeous watch in its own right (maybe one of the most beautiful releases they’ve ever done), and somehow also manages to be both a diver and “simple everyday watch” like the Sealander is. It’s the bees knees, it’s the cream of the crop. It’s no wonder they sold out in two days and it’s no wonder that everyone who receives the watch is floored by its beauty.

Nothing else to say but hats off to the CW design team. Very happy # 237 made its way to me. 🔱👍
These users thanked the author Jkpa for the post (total 6):
Murphy20OllyWajax87Clach77jkbarnesStif
C1 Grand Malvern Small Seconds SH21
C60 MK2 Chronograph 7750 Beast, White SH21 COSC LE, Kermit
C60 MK3 Abyss SH21, Chronograph, Elite 1000 GMT, Atoll
C65 Super Compressor Ocean Blue
C63 Sealander “Creamlander” Prototype 1 of 1, White
NationOfLaws
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Re: Is the Atoll really a Sealander is disguise? 😜

Post by NationOfLaws »

I have five watches in rotation right now that make the decision about what to wear each day difficult. Two are Sealanders. I think it’s a testament to the versatility and design of that line. It’s the watch I see people outside these forums discussing the most, by far, followed by the Aquitaine and Super Compressor.
These users thanked the author NationOfLaws for the post:
Jkpa
- Jameson, Resident Aquitaine Apologist

Public Instagram: oguinn.jpg

CW Aquitaine (Blue & Green), CW Atoll, CW Sealander (White & Sapphire LE), 1963 Omega Seamaster, 1997 Tudor Submariner, Benrus B01, Oris Artelier Chronometer, Monta Atlas
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

It is certainly a testament to CW coalescing around a design style across the ranges. For us CW nerds the differences are definitely there. For me the biggest difference is the case shape around the lugs. The C60s have a very aggressive taper around the lugs. The C63 not as much. The C65s have the least amount of taper. You can really see the difference when you look at the models straight on.
Screenshot 2022-07-14 102800.jpg
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post (total 5):
suicidal_orangetikkathreejkbarnesJkpaajax87
"The cure for anything is salt water - tears, sweat and the sea."
Isak Dinesen

Current CW = C65 Trident GMT, C65 Dartmouth, C60 Trident Ombré COSC LE, C65 Super Compressor, C63 Sealander Ukraine LE
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jkbarnes »

rkovars wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:29 pm It is certainly a testament to CW coalescing around a design style across the ranges. For us CW nerds the differences are definitely there. For me the biggest difference is the case shape around the lugs.
Thanks for pointing this out and including the comparison pic. I’d never noticed this before. It’s a significant detail in the overall impression the watch makes.
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post:
Jkpa
Andrew
“The first draft of anything is sh*t.” ~ Ernest Hemingway

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AMGT LE

Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by ajax87 »

It’s the date/logo layout of the Atoll that give it the sealander vibe. But my guess is that the entire C60 range will follow suit.

The bezel style of the Atoll is really excellent. That bezel is exactly from the C60 sapphire black I believe. The slim inner ring is what makes it IMO. Same style as on the other C60 sapphires and the C60 tide.

A gratuitous pic of my similar family :D although I only have 2 logo iterations :?

6DC65B8D-3B5F-4E2C-A698-04E2D7BD8077.jpeg
These users thanked the author ajax87 for the post:
Jkpa
Alex
C5A Mk1|C60 Sapphire, Abyss|C65 SC, 316L LE|C63 Auto, GMT|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster mk40|Speedmaster racing|Hamilton Intramatic chrono|Shinola Runwell auto|Tissot|Timex|RZE Endeavor