Is it time for a CW Watch?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Is it time for a CW Watch?

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Conclusion here is... you all badly need a new CW watch. I've got a junk heap pile of watches from the dime store made in China Mart. None were serious buys. If you've seen one, you've seen them all and if you bought one yourself, you've bought them all as well. Not worth posting a single pic. I spent years buying cheap dime-store quartz watches because I truly thought that mechanicals and autos were a thing of the past. Kip knows my story.
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

Russ-Shettle wrote:Conclusion here is... you all badly need a new CW watch. I've got a junk heap pile of watches from the dime store made in China Mart. None were serious buys. If you've seen one, you've seen them all and if you bought one yourself, you've bought them all as well. Not worth posting a single pic. I spent years buying cheap dime-store quartz watches because I truly thought that mechanicals and autos were a thing of the past. Kip knows my story.
Now you have me curious. The story?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

julywest wrote:
Russ-Shettle wrote:Conclusion here is... you all badly need a new CW watch. I've got a junk heap pile of watches from the dime store made in China Mart. None were serious buys. If you've seen one, you've seen them all and if you bought one yourself, you've bought them all as well. Not worth posting a single pic. I spent years buying cheap dime-store quartz watches because I truly thought that mechanicals and autos were a thing of the past. Kip knows my story.
As I recall, Russ was convinced by an AD somewhere to buy a Chinese built watch that was represented as a Swiss made.

Not sure if it was a replica or not. This happened in the early stages of the disease.

I am sure Russ will fill in the blanks.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Kip wrote:
julywest wrote:
As I recall, Russ was convinced by an AD somewhere to buy a Chinese built watch that was represented as a Swiss made.

Not sure if it was a replica or not. This happened in the early stages of the disease.

I am sure Russ will fill in the blanks.
You are correct for the beginning of the story. I was so thrilled to discover anything that was mechanical, in this case an auto, that I became blinded by not knowing any better and the price was fantastic. A world which I thought was lost to modern evolution, came back in existence for me where I was so unaware of the multitudes of watches still made the old way. I truly feel sorry for anyone who will never experience what I felt in this unexpected and delightful discovery. From that moment on, I launched myself into a fact finding mission to learn and to discover even more and then I ran into CW. Need I say more.

You ever wish you could go back in time to meet, once again, an old super sweet HS girlfriend that somehow slipped away forever. Imagine her knocking on your door to your surprise and says: Let's get back together again and this time, do it right! (now she didn't age 40 years or put on 50 pounds and looks exactly the same, of course) :lol: It was kind of like that. I really though mechanical watches were long gone and only a thing of the past to ponder about. My disease developed quickly and an old obsession took over. Thanks to Kip's meds I've calmed down quite a bit but there's no known cure.
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

Great story! I dream of the HS girlfriend every night mainly because we married 40 years ago and still are. She didn't gain 50 pounds or age altho I think I have.

Yes I had nice watches but stayed away from autos too long. I am kind of aggravated now tho cause I can't get this C600 off my arm.
Tuzzaboy
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 7

Post by Tuzzaboy »

ouch some of them watches hurt my eyes lol