Incoming

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Incoming

Post by JAFO »

Well, well.

A couple of months ago I sold my C65 Yellow LE. At the time, I just wasn't sure and decided that rather than just keep it, I ought to sell it.

Well, when @Gower8484 (Daniel) listed the same watch for sale (not the same watch, different serial number you understand), with similar reasons for selling, I took the opportunity to purge my seller's remorse, and repurchased the watch, which arrived this morning.

This time, I will wear it and enjoy it. :D

Maybe the recent brightly coloured CW releases rekindled the attraction. 41mm is better than 36mm for me, though.

Here, on an FKM tropic strap until I can resize the bracelet.
IMG_20220910_123906622_HDR~2.jpg
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post (total 7):
ajax87ThegreymanJcalder68Thunder1InternautStifjkbarnes
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 5

Re: Incoming

Post by missF »

I sometimes get to thinking that the best strategy for getting rid of some of my watches is simply to sell the ones I don’t wear. But I think it was Neil (nbg) who said something recently that made me realise that some watches might not be worn so much but, wow, you enjoy wearing them from time to time. I think this watch would fall into that category for me.
Glad you have one back in the box :thumbup:
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by ajax87 »

Glad to hear you have it back! It looks great on the yellow tropic, too.

Mine fits in my collection exactly as Lindsey said above. Not worn as often as others, but I’ll always keep it because I get great enjoyment when I do wear it. Mine has the added benefit of a serial number special to me :D
Alex
C5A Mk1|C60 Sapphire, Abyss|C65 SC, 316L LE|C63 Auto 36 & 39, GMT|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster mk40|Speedmaster racing|Hamilton Intramatic chrono|Tissot|Timex|RZE
thomcat00
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by thomcat00 »

Good you have the boomerang watch back. I haven’t yet had much of a compelling reason to sell watches. I enjoy what I have even as I wear them to varying degrees. Kind of like art, it doesn’t have to do a thing to be enjoyed.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
Henryj
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Henryj »

missF wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:22 pm I sometimes get to thinking that the best strategy for getting rid of some of my watches is simply to sell the ones I don’t wear. But I think it was Neil (nbg) who said something recently that made me realise that some watches might not be worn so much but, wow, you enjoy wearing them from time to time. I think this watch would fall into that category for me.
I feel the same way. I might not wear my C60 GMT that often, but I really enjoy it when I do.
The gods may note every sparrow that falls, but they make no effort to catch them.
Stif
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 2

Post by Stif »

missF wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:22 pm I sometimes get to thinking that the best strategy for getting rid of some of my watches is simply to sell the ones I don’t wear. But I think it was Neil (nbg) who said something recently that made me realise that some watches might not be worn so much but, wow, you enjoy wearing them from time to time. I think this watch would fall into that category for me.
This is how I feel about my Tribus TRI-03 - it's the most formal watch I own, and as such doesn't get worn nearly enough so I've thought about moving it on, but whenever I take it out of the watch box and pop it on my wrist I fall in love all over again!

@JAFO, congratulations on the 'new' watch! I've loved the C65 yellow LE from afar for a while now, sadly I never seem to have enough pennies in my pocket on those rare occasions when they pop up for sale!
- Grant

"There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently, that which should not be done at all."