I encourage you to read....

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: I encourage you to read....

Post by Russ-Shettle »

xtriple wrote:Must admit, I always wondered how it was done, Sir28800 does explain things in a way the average cretin (me) can understand.
Elementary Watson! If a watch leaks, air will certainly push its way in to equalize the pressure. Air compresses therefor, an increased volume of air is present. Once the watch becomes pressurized internally due to the leak, then when you dunk the watch under water and let off the outside pressure the reverse happens and air will push past the leak back out showing you where the leak is. Totally and simply ingenious. It's so basically simple in concept, I can believe I didn't think of it myself.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: I encourage you to read....

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
28800bph wrote:Thanks for the plug!
Looks and sounds amazing, like all your machinery! I just wish my poor non-technical brain understood a tenth of the science involved! :lol:
You think this is bad... wait until you fall into a discussion with Yoda on Quantum Physics! Let's see.. who brought up the question: If you were at or near the north pole, would your watch become faster or slower due to the difference in the earth's magnetic field at that extreme location?