I don’t need a Dartmouth, right?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
NationOfLaws
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 4

I don’t need a Dartmouth, right?

Post by NationOfLaws »

There’s a good deal on a Preowned Dartmouth on eBay. Probably asking the wrong group of people, but it won’t get enough use if I have it in rotation with the Aquitaine, right? Right?? I don’t need this watch??
These users thanked the author NationOfLaws for the post:
cincfleet
- Jameson

CW Aquitaine (Marine Blue), CW Atoll, CW Sealander (White & Sapphire LE), 1963 Omega Seamaster, 1997 Tudor Submariner, Benrus B01, Oris Artelier Chronometer, Monta Atlas
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Re: I don’t need a Dartmouth, right?

Post by Thunder1 »

Well, of course, I like mine..you know what?..when you're not wearing it, you could prop it up next to your computer screen or somewhere on a desk that you frequent..that way, you could enjoy its' looks at will..just a thought..
These users thanked the author Thunder1 for the post:
cincfleet
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
C60 GMT 600/C63 Sealander GMT/2 C65 SH21 LE's/C65 Khaki,Black,Blue dials/C65 Bronze Ombre LE, Dartmouth & GMT/C8 Power Reserve.
thomcat00
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by thomcat00 »

The Dartmouth specs are right, the C65 case is right, and the CW build is right. For me, though, the dial feels too dense with markers. I have other preferences. The Dartmouth is a great watch for all other aspects. If it’s within your grasp and it checks all the boxes for you, go for it.
These users thanked the author thomcat00 for the post:
Leon O
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 13

Post by nbg »

Do you need a Dartmouth?

Do you?

I don’t know. Only you can decide. Are these pics putting you off…
7D59BD35-7328-4CF2-B55D-D1CFEA0F536E.jpeg
C17BF6B2-3494-4097-81DA-55A2FA1E76AD.jpeg
77678431-C006-4A58-AF56-3D12DDC07441.jpeg
Neil
These users thanked the author nbg for the post (total 3):
jkbarnescincfleetGar787
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 3

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Right.

If you say so. Or is your post a subtle ( :lol: ) way of saying that you expect us to persuade you otherwise?

Shan't. So there. [-(
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

You've already got one watch that makes you question whether your drink has been spiked or you are dreaming of being inside a Dali painting* so no, you definitely don't need a Dartmouth. Why not consider something completely different like a C8 or C11?

*If you hadn't guessed I'm not a fan of box crystals. :lol:
CBMVic20
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by CBMVic20 »

The solution is simple. Wear the Aquitaine on the left and the Dartmouth on the right. That way, neither will get jealous and no need to worry about rotation. Bonus that you dont need remember which arm to raise to tell the time.
These users thanked the author CBMVic20 for the post:
cincfleet
CW C11 Extreme | C9 SH21 | C60 SH21 | C65 SH21
Oris WilliamsF1 Day Date 2004
Seiko 5 Sports Orange "Baby" Monster
Tag F1 Panda
| Aquaracer
Too many watches, not enough time :(
The_Ward_Enthusiast

Post by The_Ward_Enthusiast »

Sigh-I had the same struggle. However, I love green, so I picked up the sea grass Aquitaine. The difference in color and the deep story behind that piece makes it quite easier to keep in the rotation.
NationOfLaws
Expert
Expert

Post by NationOfLaws »

The_Ward_Enthusiast wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:24 am Sigh-I had the same struggle. However, I love green, so I picked up the sea grass Aquitaine. The difference in color and the deep story behind that piece makes it quite easier to keep in the rotation.
Do you have any pictures of your green Aquitaine? I’m leaning towards wanting a green watch instead of a very similar blue watch
- Jameson

CW Aquitaine (Marine Blue), CW Atoll, CW Sealander (White & Sapphire LE), 1963 Omega Seamaster, 1997 Tudor Submariner, Benrus B01, Oris Artelier Chronometer, Monta Atlas
Moro
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Moro »

Well... Dartmouth is the best looking CW watch in my opinion. Just take it... I believe you'll wearing it enough. :)
These users thanked the author Moro for the post (total 2):
cincfleetGar787
C65 Dartmouth

„Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you.“
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by ajax87 »

I’m not sure about need, but you definitely want it and deserve it. Go for it!

Plus, with a larger collection, each watch gets worn less frequently, which will extend their life expectancy. It’s really a win-win.
These users thanked the author ajax87 for the post (total 2):
cincfleetNationOfLaws
Alex
C5A Mk1|C60 Sapphire, Abyss, GMT|C65 SC, 316L LE|C63 Auto|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster mk40|Speedmaster racing|Hamilton Intramatic chrono|Shinola Runwell auto|Tissot|Timex|RZE Endeavor & Fortitude
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

I utterly love mine.
Saying that though, it is a bit unique with (I believe) a prototype dial that was mistakenly added when it was built. This means it has only one twin in the entire world because all others were returned for a swap to a standard bezel.
A lot of the enjoyment I get from wearing it is because I know it is so rare. However, it is also incredibly practical - hand wind on the go (no screw down crown here), a very easy to read dial, amazing COSC accuracy and, swap a strap or bracelet, and it can cope with anything short of a black tie dinner.
I think it will compliment an Aquatine very nicely. Get it. Try it, flip it if you don’t like it. Buying pre-loved means you’d almost certainly loose almost nothing.
Keep well,
C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 22

Post by MiniMpi »

One of CW's finest, of course you do !
And just in case you had any doubts :

These users thanked the author MiniMpi for the post (total 2):
Thunder1JasperCat
NationOfLaws
Expert
Expert

Post by NationOfLaws »

Jcalder68 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:11 pm I utterly love mine.
Saying that though, it is a bit unique with (I believe) a prototype dial that was mistakenly added when it was built. This means it has only one twin in the entire world because all others were returned for a swap to a standard bezel.
A lot of the enjoyment I get from wearing it is because I know it is so rare. However, it is also incredibly practical - hand wind on the go (no screw down crown here), a very easy to read dial, amazing COSC accuracy and, swap a strap or bracelet, and it can cope with anything short of a black tie dinner.
I think it will compliment an Aquatine very nicely. Get it. Try it, flip it if you don’t like it. Buying pre-loved means you’d almost certainly loose almost nothing.
Keep well,
C
This post and the other photos in the thread convinced me to do it!

And then I went to eBay and someone had already bought it. So I’m buying a Longines Conquest instead with the same “flip if you don’t like” principle in mind.
- Jameson

Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

Post by Leon O »

Late to the party, but you could start a college fund instead instead of purchasing another watch :shock:
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595