How often does CW introduce new watches?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
lp77
Junior
Junior

How often does CW introduce new watches?

Post by lp77 »

Hi all,

not that ling amiliar with the CW brand, but definately saw some nice watches. My question to the 'CW cracks':
How often are new models introduced and how quick are older models replaced by the new ones? Saw some nice CW watches at google picture but couldn't find them on the CW site.

Thanks
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: How often does CW introduce new watches?

Post by Kip »

lp77 wrote:Hi all,

not that ling amiliar with the CW brand, but definately saw some nice watches. My question to the 'CW cracks':
How often are new models introduced and how quick are older models replaced by the new ones? Saw some nice CW watches at google picture but couldn't find them on the CW site.

Thanks
Most major introductions are done in September for preorders against a Nov/Dec delivery. Occasionally a variation or new model may be introduced in other months but most still come out in Sept. Model changeovers are determined primarily on the rate of sales and return on investment. If it sells it stays...if not it's gone.

As an example...the C2 Lido (quartz) was released in June of 2008. It was a popular and consistant seller. The C20 Lido (auto) was released in June of 2010. This model was based on the Forum LE that came out in 2009. The sales of the C20 auto far excedded the C2 almost immediately and the C2 was dropped from the line in late 2010.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 3

Re: How often does CW introduce new watches?

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Hi, and welcome!

In 2011, if my memory serves me right:

IN: C11, C9 Jump-Hour, C700, C70MC and DBR1 COSC, C8 Vintage and Black, C50. Some of these obviously were developments on existing themes. Plus of course the ladies' collection en bloc.

OUT: C2, C6 [last ones in Jan sale] (both quartz "originals" leading to C20 and C60 autos), C8 Mk1, C70GP collection (these were non-cosc limited editions)

If I've missed any I'm sure someone will kindly correct me!

[Edit: the man who knows best beat me to the button - well done, Kip! 8) ]
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time